Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurabia theory

Options
  • 21-02-2011 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Libyan leader Muammar al-Gaddafi, in a speech that aired on Al-Jazeera TV on April 10, 2006, said:[17][18]

* "We have 50 million Muslims in Europe. There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe - without swords, without guns, without conquests. The 50 million Muslims of Europe will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades."
    * "Allah mobilizes the Muslim nation of Turkey, and adds it to the European Union."
    * "That's another 50 million Muslims. There will be 100 million Muslims in Europe. Albania, which is a Muslim country, has already entered the E.U."
    * "Bosnia, which is a Muslim country, has already entered the E.U. Fifty percent of its citizens are Muslims."
    * "Europe is in a predicament, and so is America. They should agree to become Islamic in the course of time, or else declare war on the Muslims."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurabia#Implications_and_response

Are Muslims trying to take over Europe?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

* "That's another 50 million Muslims. There will be 100 million Muslims in Europe. Albania, which is a Muslim country, has already entered the E.U."
    Point of information - Albania has not entered the EU. It has, however, applied for membership.
    Are Muslims trying to take over Europe?
    Not on an organised, conscious level I would say. It will be interesting in the next few hundred years to see how quickly European Muslims become both Europeanised and atheist/secularised like most European Christians versus how quickly Europe becomes Islamicised.

Regarding the Bosnian Muslims - they aren't (or at least weren't until the 90s) Muslim in the American cartoon understanding of the term at all. They were more or less like their Christian Orthodox or Catholic neighbours. During the Yugoslav civil war, a lot of the more fanatical types of Muslims from around the world went there to lend a hand in their defence.

Ablanian Muslims seem very European too (at least the few that I have met).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Programme on BBC last night discussing this. Interesting topic. Program insisted the anti-muslim movement is backed by groups like 'jewish defense' etc.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Programme on BBC last night discussing this. Interesting topic. Program insisted the anti-muslim movement is backed by groups like 'jewish defense' etc.

Course it is. Nobody else has such a vested interest in making islamaphobia mainstream, which has more or less worked.

This Rabbi is speaking at an English Defence League (EDL) rally for example http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70534539&postcount=25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Surprising if you ask me. Does seem as if they're using boot boy tactics to drum up support for their cause. Does the jewish defense/iseali defense serious believe that the average European white young male is sympathetic to the zionist movement?

Does the jewish defense/iseali defense serious believe that the average European white young male is sympathetic to the zionist movement?
    Probably the question to ask is do they think they will be sympathetic to the Islamic movement? My enemy's enemy is my friend, and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

The whole "muslims outbreeding us" thing has been thoroughly debunked. Sure first generation immigrants have big families (look at the Irish abroad), but subsequent generations settle down and it's hard to tell the difference between them and natives, look at London.

I don't have link to hand, but there was a very good BBC article debunking a certain alarmist youtube video.

Libyan leader Muammar al-Gaddafi, in a speech that aired on Al-Jazeera TV on April 10, 2006, said:[17][18]

* "We have 50 million Muslims in Europe. There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe - without swords, without guns, without conquests. The 50 million Muslims of Europe will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades."
    * "Allah mobilizes the Muslim nation of Turkey, and adds it to the European Union."
    * "Bosnia, which is a Muslim country, has already entered the E.U. Fifty percent of its citizens are Muslims."
    * "Europe is in a predicament, and so is America. They should agree to become Islamic in the course of time, or else declare war on the Muslims."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurabia#Implications_and_response

Are Muslims trying to take over Europe?[
    /QUOTE]

No.

Watch this:

Probably the question to ask is do they think they will be sympathetic to the Islamic movement? My enemy's enemy is my friend, and all that.

Going out on a limb here and saying you are a average, young, white European.

Are you saying you see the "Islamic movement" as an enemy?

Not at all, I'm not even saying that it really exists.

And I'm above average. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

Any religious "movement" is an enemy to a better world. Islam included.

• Advertisement

Smyth wrote: »
    Any religious "movement" is an enemy to a better world. Islam included.

Yeah much better to go the atheist Maoist route for example. Stalin was an enemy to a better world, another atheist though.

I guess you must consider Martin Luther King an enemy too...

Must be hard justifying that with yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

With respect to the above, I prefer Steven Weinberg's take on things...
    With or without it [religion] you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

As for the topic at hand, well first of all Gaddafi said it so minus points for anything coming out of his mouth. But beyond that, as srsly78 said above, the notion of Muslim's outbreeding people in Europe has been long since debunked, anything outside of that is just scaremongering. As for Islamaphobia in general, well that's a whole other issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 timothybryce

gizmo wrote: »
    With respect to the above, I prefer Steven Weinberg's take on things...

As for the topic at hand, well first of all Gaddafi said it so minus points for anything coming out of his mouth. But beyond that, as srsly78 said above, the notion of Muslim's outbreeding people in Europe has been long since debunked, anything outside of that is just scaremongering. As for Islamaphobia in general, well that's a whole other issue.

You don't need religion for good people to do evil things, just power structures and social compliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Now Gadaffi is "battling Al Qaeda" and massacaring his own citizens.

If he keeps this up, he could end up on the board of the Heritage Foundation and maybe get to address AIPAC :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

You don't need religion for good people to do evil things, just power structures and social compliance.

You also need a society where being seen to be religious is considered a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭todolist

srsly78 wrote: »
    The whole "muslims outbreeding us" thing has been thoroughly debunked. Sure first generation immigrants have big families (look at the Irish abroad), but subsequent generations settle down and it's hard to tell the difference between them and natives, look at London.

I don't have link to hand, but there was a very good BBC article debunking a certain alarmist youtube video.
    Muslims don't integrate into into European societies.They want their own schools and they want sharia law.The Turks in Germany have not integrated into German society.They have their own Schools,Newspapers,TV channels.

todolist wrote: »
    Muslims don't integrate into into European societies.

All Muslims? Every single one of them?

What about European Muslims? African Muslims? Or white converts? Or black, red or yellow converts? What about Indonesians for example?

From personal experience I completely disagree. It seems there are far more Arab-Muslim/ Arab-Christian/ Secular Arab /Kurdish /Druze / Persian etc here in Sweden than I witnessed in Dublin and are by-and-large wholly integrated into the society as far as I can tell. 2nd generation Arab/Moslem schoolchildren play in the yard with Swedish kids. Arab/Moslem's teach in the schools, coach the sports teams, speak the language, respect the law. In fact the only difference is the colour of their skin.
    todolist wrote: »
    They want their own schools and they want sharia law.The Turks in Germany have not integrated into German society.They have their own Schools,Newspapers,TV channels.

Sounds like Germany is in dire need of a strong, right-wing dictator to save the purity of the Aryan race.

Advertisement