Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting a loan

Options
  • 20-02-2011 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

hi just wanted to know about getting a loan from credit union or a bank, need a loan for 10,000 but not sure if i will get it,im a student and i recieve 600 of grant every month and have just become unemployed but have left cv's in few places recently and im finished college in may so i will be able to sign on the social welfare if dont get a job, just wondering does anyone know if id have a chance of getting a loan?:confused:

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭3DataModem

600 pm student grant.
    No job.

Not a chance in hell of a 10k loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

What do you need €10k for in college?

Chances are slim to none, i would side more towards none. You have a limited fixed income.

You would be talking about repayments of €200 per month over 5 years, which would be the max term allowed. Can you afford that at the moment realistically? Thats one third of your income gone straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 irish2011

money i borrowed and now they want it back asap
    someone told me that i would have a chance of a loan from credit union, hoping to get a job soon as iv had plenty experience of the places i have applied for.

10000 loan = over 4 year term which is 210 a month, if i have to sign on social welfare i will get 180 a week which is 720 a month..

is it hard to get a student loan?

Advertisement