Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most embarrassing thing you've done as a wrestling fan?

Options
  • 20-02-2011 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭

Inspired by a thread in another wrestling forum!

1.On the 3rd day of secondary school we had to give a speech in English about our favourite sports star.While every normal 13 year old gave a speech about why ''Roy Keane/Jason Sherlock waz de greatest player in history'' I gave a cringeworthy smark speech about Kurt Angle and how Triple H was holding him down(was around the time of Steph/Angle/HHH love triangle) which pretty much marked my card as a social outcast for the rest of my years there!

2.In geography a few months later I still hadn't learned my lesson and proclaimed that the only place that I wanted to visit in the entire world was New York,so I could meet Tazz and watch the amazing Sunday Night Heat live from WWF New York.

I still break out in a cold sweat thinking about these moments!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I gave a stunner to a bully back in first year.

He laughed so hard I was able to make my getaway <_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I try to hide it like a drug addiction so I can't really remember ever embarrassing myself wrestling-wise.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I got kicked out of a friend's friends' birthday party for doing a triple h entrance impression with beer over a balcony.*
    *ground-level, we didn't spit on anyone!

At a different party we decided to re-enact Austin's beer bash celebration. Unfortunately I got soaked and then had to wait an hour before going home. I got pneumonia for a week! :o

Wow I sound like such a tosser! I swear it wasn't that bad and it was totally worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭shinzon

I tried to be a Boardsie insider at an IWW show in waterford good few years ago, Red vinny was in a match, and as you all know he was Hamza here on boards, a mod from donkeys years ago

So whilst everyone was shouting, lets go vinny, I was shouting lets go hamza, got some really weird looks lol, and now im wondering why i posted that

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Pretending to give a friend a Powerbomb in a pub car park one night after a few too many. Instead I gave him a nasty piledriver when I lost balance. Never heard the end of it from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Just remembered that I had a t-shirt that had a massive picture of a sweaty post match Rikishi on it with the words ''Rikishi Phatu and your mama too'' emblazoned on it in bright yellow that I actually used to wear outdoors.How I didn't get bet up more as a teenager is beyond me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

What sort of a pub has that type of folding chair and DOESNT expect idiots like myself and my mates to hit each other with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I done the Vince walk once in work and that thing Punk does with his hands. I done that in a pub. Some girls who were already out of my league were incredibly unimpressed. :(

I was drunk to be fair. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I tend to talk to black taxi drivers about wrestling an awful lot when I'm demented. They love it tbh or at least they don't throw me out.

"You don't happen to know Ahmed Johnson do you bai?"

"No ah doo not."

"What about Kamala bai?"

"No ah doo not."

etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Did a presentation on wrestling back when I was in 1st year in college. Went through how Vince bought out WCW, showed clip of Mankinf going off the cell. Talked about how it can be choreographed, but you cant fake falling off a cell, they legitimately get hurt.
    Lecturer asked me how I could prove this.
    Showed pic of Bob Holly's gashed back from ECW table match.
    Told me it wasnt proof and that I was just being a foolish and couldnt back up my claims.
    Got frustrated and told him to "feck off and stop interrupting my wrestling presentation".
    Class stared at me and felt no pity. Wasnt allowed back into the class for a bit.

and I occasionally do the Vince walk when I'm drunk for ****s and giggles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I sometimes ask people Nexus related questions when I'm in the rats. "Mere are you nexus or agin us lad"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Doing the full Michael Cole speech whenever I hear that Raw GM tone:o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cant remember what was the project but i remember in either 2nd or 3rd year English we had to do a review or something about a dvd so i did Wrestlemania 17 on it. I really enjoyed it since it was and still is my favourite ppv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I think we have all done the HHH spit on a night out at one time or another :p

Lately I have been doing Zack Ryders "Woo woo woo" really loudly while hammered.

OH! I have a winner, Christmas eve a few years ago we all went out on the lash and I brought my El Generico mask out with me. Bottle of Bucky and a few Jager Bombs later and I was shouting olé alot in the smoking area :p I think Furious Red could give more examples, I think I'm in a wrestling t-shirt most night of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Jaysus the cringeworthy memories are flooding back to me now!

I remember around the time of the 1st brand extension/draft that I had done up my fantasy rosters in one of my Irish copies and forgot all about it,until the teacher went around the class making sure everything was done,and when he came across my list he read it out loud in front of the entire class and then told me to watch a real sport,he was some cúnt!

And there was a Chinese fella in my year named Chi but I used to call him Ta-chi-ri,he didn't speak much English so dont think he minded too much tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I remember around the time of the 1st brand extension/draft that I had done up my fantasy rosters in one of my Irish copies and forgot all about it,until the teacher went around the class making sure everything was done,and when he came across my list he read it out loud in front of the entire class and then told me to watch a real sport,he was some cúnt!

Haha one time me and the lad I sat beside made up our fantasy ppv in my irish copy, and the teacher saw it, and one of the matches was bret hart vs kurt angle, and he just goes "I hate bret hart" and gave me back my copy.

Probably a Michaels fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

My current facebook profile pic:
    181690_10150096742832665_549322664_6544056_4784703_a.jpg

There is also a video doing the rounds of me pole dancing while 'U cant C me'ing everyone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

When I was about 14 I did a Rock style promo as my answering machine message minder. Did the whole "what is your name? IT doen't matter what your name is!!" thing among others. One of the lads heard it anyway and decided to tell the whole year about it. People started calling my number at break time to hear it. One of the lads still mocks me about it to this day ten years later. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Lately I have been doing Zack Ryders "Woo woo woo" really loudly while hammered.

OH! I have a winner, Christmas eve a few years ago we all went out on the lash and I brought my El Generico mask out with me. Bottle of Bucky and a few Jager Bombs later and I was shouting olé alot in the smoking area :p I think Furious Red could give more examples, I think I'm in a wrestling t-shirt most night of the week.

I have an abiding memory of you falling around a roundabout in Coventry wearing a purple foam Kobashi finger after being forced to down 2 litres of beer by some hogget of a barmaid a few years back.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

When I'm out, and have had a fair bit to drink, if I see a friend of mine talking to someone I don't know I have a tendency to walk up to them and ask "Who... is this roody poo?"

I hadn't done it in a while but after last Monday it's all sort of kicked off again....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

OH! I have a winner, Christmas eve a few years ago we all went out on the lash and I brought my El Generico mask out with me. Bottle of Bucky and a few Jager Bombs later and I was shouting olé alot in the smoking area :pI think Furious Red could give more examples, I think I'm in a wrestling t-shirt most night of the week.

Ha i wish i did , but your safe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I Angle Slammed my Geography teacher into a hedge once.
    I dropped a elbow on my brother off of a Slatted Shed a drop of about 12/14ft he was lying in a Mountain of Silage.
    Ruined about 10+ beds with my brothers,oh we had a rumble once in our bedroom & someone got put through a window.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

i'v a rock hat were their is lights on it that flash. also the lads in science class yous too shout out austin stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Done a Jesse Ventura impersonation at a school fight (LOOK AT THIS, SCHIAVONE!!), everyone just stopped and laughed (including the two who were fighting!). :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Once took offence to a article in the tv section of my local paper. They had a weekly piece on 3 programmes 1 was don't miss 1 was worth a view and 1 wasdon't watch. Anyway whatever journalist did this had Heat as a don't watch followed by the usual arrogant wrestling BS finishing with the lovely statement that the combined viewing audience must have an IQ of 13. Anyway this fired 14 year old me up enough to right a letter to the paper that got published pointing out similarities of wrestling to soaps etc. I was quite proud of it but got some grief over it

Also used my smackdown binder throughout 5th year and university quite proudly.

Had HBK's entry music as my ringtone

Also have been know when drunk to
    • use 'what' repeatedly to annoy the hell out of people
    • stand on a pillar and do the rock ringpost pose
    sure there's more but can't think at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I got in a fight in school when I was about 10/11 with a lad during a game of football. I gave him a DDT, which to be fair, is a legitimate good move to have in one's arsenal during a fight. However, while I was doing it I also let out a Jim Ross-esque yell of "DDT!"

Got called a fúcking eejit by a fair few people that day! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

lol I remember when I was playing rugby there was some small little fecker who was realy fast, anyway it was delegated to me by the coach to stop him... "Sure! Il spear him like Goldberg!!!" Cringe. I did though!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Another one guilty of having the HBK ringtone at school!

Also, was at Axxess with my brother and he was posing with Christian for me to take a photo. Dumbass here pressed the wrong button and accidentally turned off the camera with Christian laughing away at my fumbling. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Flashback, was in The Forum in Waterford back in October and one of the DJs randomly decided to play HBK's theme. Majority of people got it and sang the words, but leave it to me and 5 drunks lads to start doing the walking the flexing and chopping, and then trying to superkick each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

In our school hall (stage/sometime PE area) one day there were some really thick gym mats. Above where they were there was a balcony (as there was a stage at the other end of the hall and when left to our own devices by whoever was supervising us loads of us decided to jump off the balcony maybe 20-25 foot down onto the gym mats.

Most people were just falling onto the mats, but I decided to WWE-up and do a Lo-Down frog splash popularised by D-Lo Brown. I got the hand extension (he did the crazy arm/leg movement during it) so wrong that when I landed on the mat my face smacked off my hand and I fractured my nose and gave myself a brutal black eye.

Smart move.

Advertisement