Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quickest way to get money to someone in australia

Options
  • 20-02-2011 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I owe my brother in australia money, its not much. i was wondering what way is teh quickest to get it to him, if I have his bank details can I just go into the bank and transfer it straight away?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

pigeon carrier very reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 25,385 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Western Union and the like are the fastest but they will take a fair chunk of the money in commission and probably screw you with a crap conversion rate. The benefit of doing it this way is that it's quick and your brother can walk into any WU franchise and get the money, he will obviously need some ID like passport etc.

Even though you're asking for the 'quickest' way to do it, if I was you I'd ask the brother for an IBAN number for his a/c (his bank will give it to him if it's not printed on his last statement) and go into your local bank and transfer the money.

If you are a Bank of Ireland customer, bring your Laser/Pass card and do it direct from your current a/c, go to the foreign exchange counter where the bank official will ask you to put the card in a counter-top gadget, enter your PIN and Bob's your uncle, that way they won't charge you commission, I'm not sure about the other banks.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Australia doesn't use IBAN's so that won't work. You can still do an international transfer to his account, but there will be fees involved.

Really, Western Union, bank transfer, or PayPal etc would be the best options.

Advertisement