Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to backup save games

Options
  • 20-02-2011 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭

I rooted my phone last weekend and I'm now looking at custom ROMs.

The only problem is, my gf has spent the last week solid trying to get 3 stars in every level of Angry Birds! I really dont want to delete that progress! She'd kill me!!!

So, can anyone tell me where these saves are stored so I can back them up, and restore them later? I've a load of apps installed but really only want to backup the saves for 2 or 3 max.

Thanks.

ps HTC Desire PVT4, Recovery RA Desire v2.0.1, Android 2.2 if that helps.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I think titanium is what you're looking for. Also do a full backup with clockwork first just in case. Titanium isn't entirely reliable in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Well Clockword doesnt work on HTC Desires, hence why I used "Recovery RA Desire".

Also, Titanium tells me I'm not rooted and then tries to install BusyBox for some reason, which I cant coz I have no space on my phone for another app! Should probably uninstall some of the crap I have actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Clockwork works ok for me on Desire. Saves are stored in internal database which is protected. Get titanium running and you are sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I had a problem with Clockwork Recovery a couple of months ago. I used it to back stuff up and it backed up fine. Installed an update to the ROM (Leedroid) and then restored the backup. Then I updated the Clockwork Recovery from within ROM Manager from version 2.5.0.0 to version 2.5.0.7. And it wouldn't work. It kept on hanging during the back up. Then I reverted back to the 2.5.0.0 and it worked grand.
    You might be having this problem.

srsly78 wrote: »
    Clockwork works ok for me on Desire. Saves are stored in internal database which is protected. Get titanium running and you are sorted.
    I couldn't get my head around how the hell to work Titanium. The wording on the backup options is really confusing, especially if you aren't sure what exactly you are wanting to back up.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's not the clearest :)

Load up list of your apps, find Angry Birds, long-click on it -> backup. Done. Then look on your sdcard under titanium and you should see a zip file with angrybirds in the name containing all stuff necessary to restore it.

cheers lads, i actually got titanium working.

I was trying to download busybox from the market (with 11mb free internal storage) which kept failing due to low storage, but titanium downloads its own version to SD when you click on the "problem?" button. this worked now and it lets me have root access. gonna try that long click option for backing up.

FYI, for those on Desire that got ClockWordMod working....

If you turn on with power+volume down, look up the top to see if it says PVT3 or PVT4. the PVT4 handsets (which I have) are only new and contain updated security stopping CWM from working, hence why I needed to use an alternative.

CWM works fine with PVT3.

BTW, is there anything I *need* to backup as well? Only had the phone a week so no important SMS's, all contacts are synched with gmail, can get the apps again if needed so thats not a big deal, but is there any system stuff I need to backup, maybe MMS settings or internet settings or something?

Nope should be fine. Most roms come with info for all the carriers, so they will detect your sim and set mms + internet APN details. If not just look them up on the net and enter manually.

Cool thanks.

It all went well anyway, last night. Have Angry Birds back now with all her 3 stars!! :rolleyes:

The things we do to keep the other half happy :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement