Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18th birthday party

Options
  • 20-02-2011 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

What's the best way to celebrate an 18th birthday for someone who has a lot of friends 16-22? The under-agers don't have ID.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Et tu Bruté?

But in all seriousness..

<Snip>
    MOD EDIT:We don't condone underage activity in licensed premises here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Thanks, but I still don't know where to start! It's for my youngster and it's in Dublin. I'm not mad keen on hiring a pub as I'd feel responsible if any of them overdid it/harmed themselves. Anyone know of any halls or clubs (not too big!)?

Lost parent here....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Et tu Bruté?

But in all seriousness..

<Snip>
    MOD EDIT:We don't condone Illegal activity here,especially getting in bars Underage

Erm Excuse me, but I suggested nothing illegal. I'm after taking major offence from this, I suggested HIRING OUT A CLUB. ok do you understand that? It's not ILLEGAL, it's perfectly legal. I did it for my birthday, my friend did it for her birthday, IT'S CALLED A PARTY.

Edit, also: @JuliusCaesar Maybe try posting in one of the Dublin forums, just asking of any local community centres or else maybe a GAA Hall or something along those lines, you could just hire out a DJ or a band and they'd bring along all of the lights etc for it. Just bring along some food (You could just get it made in a deli or whatever) and then if you want alcohol most places will have a bar, but if you don't just hire a community hall which doesn't have one and bring along your own soft drinks, etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Erm Excuse me, but I suggested nothing illegal. I'm after taking major offence from this, I suggested HIRING OUT A CLUB. ok do you understand that? It's not ILLEGAL, it's perfectly legal. I did it for my birthday, my friend did it for her birthday, IT'S CALLED A PARTY.

Noel;you've been posting round here long enough to know that advice on how to get into licensed premises underage isn't something we condone around here.I will admit illegal was the wrong word to use,my apologies for that I didn't have a huge amount of time when I was on.

More importantly,if you have a problem with how a mod has dealt with a post use the PM function[As some of you have to point out my mistake,thank you for that]Arguing on-thread is a forum wide offence,don't make a habit of it

-Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

*if* the attendees were of age then if they went out to a pub/club they are adults, responsible for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

What's the best way to celebrate an 18th birthday for someone who has a lot of friends 16-22? The under-agers don't have ID.

What's the location? If it's a hall or clubhouse it shouldn't be a problem. Pub is more complex. How about having it at home?

Advertisement