Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men of war expansion

Options
  • 20-02-2011 3:24pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Another men of war expansion is on the way,this will have a skirmish mode,about time :D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/64000/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Was playing the Beta for a month or two. Pretty good. The skirmish consists of maps where you need to assault and defend positions to build up MP points to aquire new units, tanks/infantry/artillery. The further up the map you get, the stronger the attacking force are looking to retake the lost position. Can be played either Co-op or single player. The only downside though is when playing Co-Op, if you select a unit to spawn, you won't always get control of the unit. The server may give it to another player instead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Downloaded the demo,I like it :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This is out next friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Got it, 30 quid on steam, very tough, good fun, well worth buying.

have it preordered on amazon,hopefully have it next monday.

• Advertisement

Omg the voice overs are terrible again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

It's still a pretty solid game though. Skirmish games are generally structured the same but are meant to be played on different difficulties which had more enemy defensive positions. I haven't played MP as much as I'd like to though, so can't make a good comment on it but from what I have played, it seems a lot more balanced compared to vanilla MOW.

Ya It is a lot of fun to play your right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Just a tip to people playing Skirmish games against the AI...don't use revealed fog of war...it basically makes them fairly unbeatable at the higher difficulties because everything they have has a direct line of sight to you stuff...and you want your stuff alive.

Advertisement