Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Weather Events

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Looks great , looks like they have taken a leaf out of IWOs book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Pangea wrote: »
    Looks great

Yep, it's great to see Met Eireann puttting some of their archival material into the public domain - some excellent, hard-to-find journal papers included also especially this one on the Big Wind :D
    Well done Met E!!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭octo

Fionagus wrote: »
    Met Eireann have added a 'Major Weather Events' section on their website

http://www.met.ie/climate-ireland/major-events.asp

Well worth a look!
    They've also updated the temperature, rainfall, wind, lightning, upper air, climate of Ireland sections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

octo wrote: »
    They've also updated the temperature, rainfall, wind, lightning, upper air, climate of Ireland sections.

I saw that Octo - fantastic stuff!! :)
    I spent several happy hours this weekend sifting through it all.

Here's the link for anyone who's interested

http://www.met.ie/climate-ireland/climate-of-ireland.asp

It's an outstanding resource and many thanks to Met Eireann for making all of this data available to weather enthusiasts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Stumbled across this section on met.ie last night at about midnight when checking today's forecast and did not get to bed until after 2am as I got so engrossed in all the fascinating data! (paying for it now this morning). Some amazing information about past weather (I never heard about the 1917 snow event before-1.5meters snow depths in Munster!). The heatwaves and cold spell articles interested me the most. Well done, Met Eireann!

• Advertisement
Advertisement