Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

staffys and pits everywhere

Options
  • 20-02-2011 2:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

has anyone been on olx.ie and gumtree.ie n places like that lately?? was jus on them, i dont think i could look again. nearly every second dog is a staff or pit. fair enough their getting popular with families but this is actually getting quite out of controll...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭pitbull_fanatic

actually i got offered a pitbull the other week, 10 months old and she was in pup. i ate him! i was gona take her but tbh i couldnt asi'v enough at home at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Unfortunately there are people in society who keep them as weapons. They like to intimidate the rest of the community with them. You've seen them young men in their tracksuits, lots of faux gold and attitude and of course their un muzzled pitbulls. I feel sorry for the dogs. It gives good PB owners a hard time trying to justify why they keep the breed. The few dogs i have met with responsible owners have been very nice, in particular one beautiful Staffy built like a tank but just a big softie.

they are jus big softies though! first thing i do if i see one is go straight over to them. i'm a young man of 26 that wears tracksuits and a bit of gold but my fellas are def not status dogs! its not all young owners. if ya see them you no straight away. i saw an old lady a few months ago, she was a good 70 odd at least, shuffling along and 2 HUGE staffs walkin calmly next to her!! i love seeing that. an old man came up to us saying staffs were his favorite dog in the world while getting the face licked off him. i then told him the staff was the one sitting at his feet, twas a pit that was lickin him ta death! haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Whats frightening is the amount of staffs that left in the pounds these days, if i had the facilities to adopt 10 of them i would !! I would'nt own another breed to be honest, my lil fella is 3 and is worse than any child :) Its easy money nowadays 250/300 quid for a staff and anyone can do it, its a real shame imo these beautiful dogs suffer in the long run.

i no. terrible. my gf's head is melted because every time i see a staff or pit for adoption i try to get her to let them come with us but she feels we have enough. "you saved one you cant save them all" she keeps saying! if i had land i'd take as many as i could. i go for walks with my buddies alot. staffs pits rotties gsds boxers labs great danes and never a problem. just fun fun fun! great seeing 4 r 5 staffys running up the path with there arses all bouncin away mad together. we be in stitches! u'd know a staffys ass anywhere! haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement