Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had My First Proper Cycle Today Since Getting the New Bike

Options
  • 20-02-2011 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭

Since getting my bike back in December it's been used for the commute to work (within the city) and the occasional jaunt around the Phoenix Park. Having bought a house in Balbriggan I decided to take a spin out there and see if cycling from there to work would be viable.

I'm not sure what the distance there from Phibsborough is but I did it in 1h 35min which I'm absolutely thrilled with. I hadn't tried the route before so I'm sure I could get the time down as I become more familiar with it. The bike behaved brilliantly- it's so enjoyable to cycle a good bike.

It's certainly making me think I might cycle rather than take the train in the summer months. How long does it take you guys to cycle to work?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

How long does it take you guys to cycle to work?
    Typically 40-45 minutes heading into work (23km Skerries to near Clare Hall), and about 70-80 minutes heading home (when I normally take a detour via Balbriggan, increasing distance to around 36km (I'll be looking out for you on the R132;))

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

Ive my commute (29 km each way) from Kilkenny to Abbeyleix down to an hour and ten minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

I do Skerries to Hatch Street in 1hr 25. Train and walk is about 1hr 10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Well done on the Balbriggan cycle Op.
    It takes me 35 minutes from Celbridge to St. James Gate in Dublin, cycling.

50 minutes in the car at rush hour.

1 hour on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭English Bob

My commute is 26k door to door usually done in under 50min. I cycle the R132 (old Belfast rd?) some mornings this can be a little hair raising although much better now road works has completed for new roundabout!

• Advertisement
Advertisement