Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Smeary windscreen

Options
  • 20-02-2011 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

Can anyone help me?

Lately, my car has a very wet windscreen on the inside and it takes forever to dry out while I'm driving. I have to pull over and wipe the inside a few times. Even though I use the fan and the air-con, it takes forever for the windscreen to dry.

And when it does dry, it's all streaky, I've boughts loads of products from car shops and supermarkets, all promising a streak-free finish, and none of them do.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Tefral

cardol wrote: »
    Can anyone help me?

Lately, my car has a very wet windscreen on the inside and it takes forever to dry out while I'm driving. I have to pull over and wipe the inside a few times. Even though I use the fan and the air-con, it takes forever for the windscreen to dry.

And when it does dry, it's all streaky, I've boughts loads of products from car shops and supermarkets, all promising a streak-free finish, and none of them do.

Can anyone recommend anything?

I can personally vouch for Autoglym Fast Glass and Car Glass Polish, it gets rid of all the smears from your hands etc.

To get rid of the actual water, id buy a couple of bags of Silica Gel and place them in the front of the car. Typically window seals crack and let in moisture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

could have something to do with the fan settiiing, push the button with a pic of a car with an arrow circulating in it as this recycles the air in the car .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Change your pollen filter. I also have bags of gel silica in nooks and crannys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

could have something to do with the fan settiiing, push the button with a pic of a car with an arrow circulating in it as this recycles the air in the car .
    Does that actually help? Someone once told me the air-con button was the way to go.....:confused:

cronin_j wrote: »
    I can personally vouch for Autoglym Fast Glass and Car Glass Polish, it gets rid of all the smears from your hands etc.

To get rid of the actual water, id buy a couple of bags of Silica Gel and place them in the front of the car. Typically window seals crack and let in moisture.

Where can I buy Autoglym Fast Glass and Car Glass Polish? Tesco or a car-shop?

I already have silica bags in the car, but only since yesterday so can't say if they work yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Does that actually help? Someone once told me the air-con button was the way to go.....:confused:
    yes it does as it does not allow fresh air from the outside in to the car. Has nothing to do with air con

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Tefral

Where can I buy Autoglym Fast Glass and Car Glass Polish? Tesco or a car-shop?

I already have silica bags in the car, but only since yesterday so can't say if they work yet.

Halfords will have it. I also think Tesco or Dunnes do a limited range of Autoglym products.

Thanks guys, will buy these things tomorrow. Nothing as bad a guessing where the road is going...lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

what car as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

+1 for changing your pollen filter. Also check for any damp patches inside the car, like in the footwells.

A while ago I got some disposable wipes (ArmorAll or something) that claimed to be "streak-free", what a load of bollocks! They were useless compared to a proper glass cleaning spray.

• Advertisement

vectra wrote: »
    what car as a matter of interest?

It's a Rover 400, 98 reg...so no spring chicken...lol :D

+1 for changing your pollen filter. Also check for any damp patches inside the car, like in the footwells.

A while ago I got some disposable wipes (ArmorAll or something) that claimed to be "streak-free", what a load of bollocks! They were useless compared to a proper glass cleaning spray.

Yeah, I also got the screen wipes that said "streak-free". Useless!!!

Advertisement