Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adoption and fostercare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭mel o

Is this thread moderated? This is bonkers, of absolutely no relevance to either fostering or adoption in Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

Where do the children you adopt or foster come from? The stork?
    We had the same reaction for over 30 years with the Goldenbridge and artane and finally we had some sort of justice now but do not pretend that this changed the system.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0526/1224271142733.html
    http://www.injury-compensation.ie/news/deaths-of-children-in-state-care-raises-legal-negligence-questions/

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭mel o

I know exactly where the child I foster comes from. What would you prefer, that she grows up in a childrens home? Or worse, leave her with her mother??
    I'm presuming you have been hurt by your chilldhood and this is where your anger comes from. If that's the case, I'm sad for you, genuinely.

You presume wrong and immediately put a stigma on the messenger who brings the truth, after you were blown off trying to have the message removed. You took the remark personally.
    Let me explain with a non related example: People kept parrots thinking they were actually doing a good deed. For every parrot that reaches a pet shop, three others have died. The owner of the parrot would be furious if someone posts something about animal cruelty to parrots on boards. This pet loving owner would not want to see the truth and would want it removed. But there are many others who do want to see this information. Those people have an open mind towards the matter. If you do not want to see this then do not look.
    Do not keep this information from others.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Anita-

I have absolutely no idea what agenda you're trying to push here.
    You're first post seems to be a mad rant about how foreign children nominally in the care of the HSE are vanishing (you posted several links concerning this), you then started quoting statements from compensation lawyers........

If you want to continue posting in this, the adoption forum- read the forum charter, and abide by it. If you do not do so- you will be banned from this forum- this is your first and final warning on the matter.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

• Advertisement

What compensation lawyers? Can you state what in the charter did I not abide by? What 'MAD RANTS'? I simply give links to the newspapers official figures. Only foreign children?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

hi anita, i can see where ur coming from a lot of people ar anti adoption and i have heard people going as far as calling it legal child trafficing, but what ar the alternatives.
    yes in a perfect world we would,nt have adoption or fostering but we don,t live in a perfect world, i agree the system is very flawed and needs restructuring, but like everything u have bad people who want to make money from other peoples suffering.....kathy

Hi Kathy,
    Thank you for your words of wisdom. I myself am not against adoption, but yes, sadly the current system around children is partly still one of exploitation. How these bad people make the children suffer. Senator Nancy Shaefer knew how to explain this better than I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

hi anita, i don,t think ireland has got the same problems as places like the states where u have baby brokers making big money from desperate childless couples and young vunerable girls.
    it is a big business in the states and hopefully we here in ireland will never allow that to happen....kathy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Anita M. wrote: »
    What compensation lawyers? Can you state what in the charter did I not abide by? What 'MAD RANTS'? I simply give links to the newspapers official figures. Only foreign children?

Check your links- your second post of links second link is to 'The Injury Compensation Zone- Ireland's Leading Independent Compensation Brokers'.......

Your first link- is an expose of fostercare, and how it can harm a child's mental health.

Your second link is to a speech by US senator Nancy Shaefer discussing costs as they pertain to foster care, pregnancy councilling and adoption services, in the US state of Georgia.

Your third link is to a teaser for Bill Bowen's documentary- Innocence Destroyed.

Your third link is to a film proposal by Karl Zero (Marc Telenne) a documentary maker for Canal+ in France, and also famous for supplying some music to the TV Series X-Files. He is famous in France for his self-help books, notably 'Le goût de vivre; la recette du bonheu' which he published in 2000- before he got interested in the Cannes Film festival......

Your forth link cites a UNICEF source who claims on the basis of two acknowledged cases, that 'hundreds of foreign children end up in Irish brothels every year'. Needless to say- 2 acknowledged cases does not hundreds make, and the article was later repudiated.

Link 5 is to an interview Dennis Naughton (Fine Gael) gave concerning the number of non-national children who abscond from HSE care. Needless to say- he has an obvious agenda.

Link 6- is a repudiation of a HSE statement that no children had been trafficked into Ireland by the Children's Rights Alliance, citing 5 specific cases.

Link 7- I have no idea how you found this link, it details a few well known missing children cases (such as Philip Cairns for example). It also goes off on paranoid rants about satanic alters, the freemasons etc.

Link 8- details how the HSE refused to give politicians information in order to respond to Parliamentary Questions.

Link 9- is the one to the Injury Compensation lawyers.......

This forum- is the Adoption Forum- where we discuss matters as they pertain to adoption in Ireland. We state in the forum charter- the purpose of this forum is to facilitate discussion on anything relating to adoption. That can mean tracing, reunion, changes to legislation, research, personal experiences, and so on.

While what you are discussing- the vast numbers of non-national children going missing from the HSE's care, is an obvious scandal- I do not understand how you can imagine that a discussion of the appalling shambles the HSE is in- should be in this forum.

I genuinely do not think you have read the forum charter here. Please do so- if you intend to continue posting in this forum. I am closing this thread- if you would like me to reopen the thread and move it to a more appropriate forum- providing the moderator's of that forum are happy to host the thread, I will happily move it on your behalf.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement