Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SciFiEire

Options
  • 19-02-2011 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to tell about the new SciFi/Fantasy blog for Irish fans. It will cover all aspects of the genres - including movies/TV, books, wargaming, MMOs, RPGs, games, comics, conventions, Irish links and more.
    I set this site up mainly from my own experience of years of searching for other fans of the genres without much luck. The scene in Ireland seems to be seriously underground - so hopefully this blog can be somewhere for like-minded people can find out about Irish sci-fi/fantasy related news and events, and possibly find others to maybe meet-up with.
    Anyway, here's the link:
    scifieire.blogspot.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Always nice to see a new site covering scifi, but I'm wondering about the rpg content are you intending on any ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CaptainRhodes

I'm a big fan of RPGs, so I'll absolutely cover them. I suppose it depends on what news or info I can find about the scene. Hopefully people involved in the RPG community will help me out with suggestions and event items.
    I've been a fan of the genre for years but never managed to play. I live in Waterford city which seems to be a gaming black hole, and so have never met any other people interested in RPGs, miniatures, wargaming, or sci-fi/fantasy in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

There used to be a lot of gamers in Waterford. WIT used to have a big society for example. Most of the ones I know are now living elsewhere though.

I'll see if I can round up some people and see who they still know down there.

Advertisement