Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British Bank Draft Clearing time?

Options
  • 19-02-2011 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

I Lodged a Bank Draft that my sister sent me from London on Monday and it still hasnt cleared. Does anyone know how much longer it should take? I could do with the funds! Cheers for the replies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

I Lodged a Bank Draft that my sister sent me from London on Monday and it still hasnt cleared. Does anyone know how much longer it should take? I could do with the funds! Cheers for the replies!

As it's English it be like a cheque I would think about 10-14 working days, check with your bank when you lodged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

I asked the teller when lodging and she said she couldnt give me an exact timeframe! BUt thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

I asked the teller when lodging and she said she couldnt give me an exact timeframe! BUt thanks for the reply!

They should know these things especialy if he/she work in foreign exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Im pretty sure its 20 working days.

20 DAYS! eek! that sucks.... but thanks for the heads up! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

It can take up to 20 days for the chq to be full cleared (ie for there to be no chance of the draft being returned unpaid) however, you will most likely be able to draw the funds after 5 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

It depends completely on the bank / branch. I can draw on the funds straight away. Having said that it is usually only a couple of hundred at the most. If I went in with 10k they might treat it a little differently.

Thanks for the replies! Ill have to wait and sit it out....

Advertisement