Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

advice

• 19-02-2011 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

have provisionally booked mount Juliet for a round in march for myself and dad. i play off 20 and can get around most places.
    dad is 28 h'cap and can struggle on any given day if things start to go wrong. he does like going new places to play. however i'm getting nervous that mount juliet would be too much of a challenge - should i rearrange something else or just go for it
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Brian87

Go with him!great track and he'll enjoy it. We played a society outing last year and my mate played of 28 at the time and shot 38 points and he'd be similar to your dad! Enjoy

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Haven't played there in a little while but there's nothing that's overly impossible, regardless of level... i.e. not too many shots require a big carry over water or whatever. I'm sure if you play off the green (forward) tees then even those shots that do require a carry are still much easier (angle etc).
    Forgiving enough off the tee too...
    Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Definitely play it,you'll love it regardless of handicap or ability,great course

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭kyleman

of all the championship courses around it is easily the most forgiving esp off the forward tees and one of the most enjoyable to play from tee to green but take enough club into the greens esp to back pins because they are massive

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nnelly

thanks for the replies - will deffo go for it now - will let you know how we get on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 mountjuliet

We hope you enjoy your day at Mount Juliet ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Garda S Horgan

Fabulous course, a real "event" day out. Just play off the forward tees and bring a few golfballs for the 3rd and 4th holes!!

Yours etc,
    GSH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

Fabulous course, a real "event" day out. Just play off the forward tees and bring a few golfballs for the 3rd and 4th holes!!

Yours etc,
    GSH.

straight talking and top advice - well done

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nnelly

Got to play mt juliet yesterday in glorious sunshine. Both myself and my dad really enjoyed it. Played off the greens tees as suggested and we were both happy with how we played. Great course and everyone really frendily and relaxed. NICE glad we went for it.

Advertisement