Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment requiring IBAN

Options
  • 19-02-2011 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Wanna buy something online and it requires me to pay to an IBAN bank account, i'm with ulster bank and their transfer system on their website doesnt support IBAN (the box for account number doesn't have enough space to fit the account number in) anyone have any experience with paying to an IBAN? Preferably from an Ulster bank account but any experience would be helpful.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Loads of people use BIC/IBAN's to transfer funds outside Ireland every day.

What advice or info do you need exactly? The more precise you are, the more likely people will answer the question :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭exspes

exspes wrote: »
    (the box for account number doesn't have enough space to fit the account number in)

like i said...ulster banks website doesn't have enough space to fit the iban number into on their online banking facility

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ulster bank wont do online transfers to foreign banks afaik, have to go into the branch. maybe telephone banking will work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

bluewolf wrote: »
    ulster bank wont do online transfers to foreign banks afaik, have to go into the branch. maybe telephone banking will work
    Actually my mate told me that the other day. He was complaining about the WU charges just to send a few quid to his brother in London. I asked why he didn't use bank transfer and he said Ulster Bank told him they don't facilitate it at all even in the branch. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Ptsb do transfers to European countries, over the phone. As far as I'm aware it's free. I'd be surprised if ub don't do it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Ptsb do transfers to European countries, over the phone. As far as I'm aware it's free. I'd be surprised if ub don't do it.

I tried before, the website said no, have to go into your branch and fill out a form
    used paypal instead but it charges a bit in fees

Ulster bank don't do international transfers...*insert facepalm.gif*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    So do AIB. They let you set it up in online banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

MyKeyG wrote: »
    So do AIB. They let you set it up in online banking.

it its a euro country it's free on aib internet banking i.e iban and bic code

Orly? AIB don't happen to have a visa debit card do they? they probably only have maestro i'm guessing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

exspes wrote: »
    Orly? AIB don't happen to have a visa debit card do they? they probably only have maestro i'm guessing?

AIB don't have visa debit card, only maestro

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    AIB don't have visa debit card, only maestro

*sigh* can't have it every way i suppose :P irritating that i have to set up a new bank account just to pay one thing, at least it's a fairly regular payment so it won't be for a once off thing. Thanks for all the help guys :)

Advertisement