Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant

Options
  • 19-02-2011 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

Hi, my son is hoping to go to Maynooth next september/October, fingers crossed he gets in.Can I ask, does he apply to maynooth county council for the maintenance grant or to our local FINGAL COCO.
    Do you know how much it is?
    thanks , Cathy, MUM to a great kid,thats making her soooo proud.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

You apply to your local county council :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Thanks for that , do you know when to apply.
    Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

you apply when your son receives his offer from Maynooth or whatever college get ends up going to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭daffodil14

You apply to your local county council, which if I remember you can do before the CAO offers come out and then its just the extra sheet of the form to say where he will be going.
    If you go to this link there is most of the information you need but there will be cuts in the the grants so the amount given will change. http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp7232/maintenance-grant/index.html
    Hope this helps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Yeah you'd wanna be collecting all the documents you need now, P21s etc because if you need to send off for them they can take up to 8 weeks to arrive. Then as soon as you know where he's going, hand it in to the county council, I'd say don't post it.

Also if he's nervous and has level 6/7 courses down as a back up, you get that grant from your VEC and it's a different form, if you need to look into that.

*edit* Also the grants were already cut, only the first semester payment was untouched this year, the rest has already gone down, grr :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement