Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making sales in difficult times.

Options
  • 19-02-2011 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

In the years of plenty that we have been through, selling was easy. In fact, it was so easy that I believe the ‘art’ of selling was somewhat lost.
    There is a big difference between facilitating a purchase and making a sale.

I believe this is a principle that always works well.

Did you know that people only ever buy 2 things.

“That can’t be true” I hear you say. “I see shopping trolleys of things leaving the supermarket every week. How can people only ever buy 2 things?”
    Some people call them “wants” or “needs”
    However, if you think about it you will find that anything that anybody buys will fall into one or both of these two categories
    1) Something that solves a problem.
    2) Something that makes them feel good

So, what solves a problem for example?
    a bulb, toilet roll, sandwich bags, washing up liquid, some foods, a drill, paint, visit to the doctor etc.

So, what makes someone feel good?
    A car, a holiday, sweets/cakes, clothes, visit to the hair dresser, chocolates, beer, DVD etc
    You get my drift?

In any potential sale, the questions, when asked correctly, will expose the answer to which area the customer is looking to satisfy.
    Take some time to work out good questions for the product you’re selling that will expose if the customer needs a solution or a good feeling. then promote the value of your products as the “solution” or the “good feeling“ that the customer is looking for.

When you close a sale ‘deliberately’, by which I mean, follow through on a pre prepared sales strategy, it will make you feel like you can conquer the world!

Let me know when you do! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I know the marketing forum was closed, but why post this in creative writing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement