Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIM HEAR student experiences.

Options
  • 18-02-2011 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all,

I am a 3rd year student at NUIM. I am currently conducting research for my sociology thesis. My research is a case study on HEAR students in NUIM. Basically I want to explore the perception of the HEAR programme among HEAR students and to determine whether they are benefiting from the programme and whether the pre and post entry supports available allowed them to progress to third level education and remain there.I also want to gain an overall insight into the experience of HEAR students and what motivated them to go on to third level and whether they had any concerns about going to college. In addition, I would like to get HEAR students perception of how equal the Irish education system is.

I would love to have HEAR students at NUIM to post their experiences of the HEAR programme and to comment on anything I have mentioned above. I want to hear all of your comments, so anything that you have to say would be really appreciated. The project is not about equality in the Irish education system so I dont want to start a debate on that, although that would be interesting. I just want a general insight into what you think about the Irish education system and how 'fair' it is. The project is on HEAR students and their experiences as a HEAR student.

I am also conducting interviews, so anyone who is willing to take part in an interview through msn is more than welcome to email me and we can exchange details and organise a time to conduct the interview.

Thank you :)

Advertisement