Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AstroMaster 76 EQ????

Options
  • 18-02-2011 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I've been looking for a cheap AstroMaster 70 EQ but can't find one. does anyone know if the AstroMaster 76 EQ is any good?

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭dublin_daveyboy

I've been looking for a cheap AstroMaster 70 EQ but can't find one. does anyone know if the AstroMaster 76 EQ is any good?

Thanks! :D
    theres a couple of astromasters for sale on adverts.ie in the telescope section,i dont know anything about astromasters i just saw them earlier on it when i was browsing,its a 90 az and a 130eq.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Stay away from those Astromasters is my advice, I know they're cheap but you'll suffer for it, God knows what the 76 is like, I had the 130 and it was useless for anything except the moon, and the mount was a nightmare. Keep an eye on Adverts.ie, donedeal etc for something big and secondhand, these cheap little scopes are just toys.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

I wouldn't say the 130 is useless :)

I got great views of Saturn, Orion, The Whirlpool Galaxy and yes...the Moon!... with mine. Also it is a decent land/terrestrial telescope.

But....golden rule...ish....is -

Get the most apperture you can afford.

(The down side of this rule is that the scope tends to get bigger = heavier = harder to move about)

Advertisement