Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seismic monitoring...

• 18-02-2011 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Anyone know if there is anywhere to see realtime seismic data for Ireland.

Was just thinking about that a few minutes ago after feeling a shock in the house. I'm in a semi, and there are neighbours in next door, but it felt like the beams in the attic shifted or wobbled, and I didn't hear any noise like something falling or hitting off anything else from next door.

Nothing outside either, like a truck or diggers excavating. There is a quarry about 4km away, so maybe it was that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

Might have been a blast in the quarry. The Dublin Institute of Advanced Studies in Dublin (DIAS) monitor seismic activity in Ireland and I think they publish tremor results in the country. The British Geological Survey also produce maps of recent activity felt over the British Isles and Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

muckish wrote: »
    Might have been a blast in the quarry. The Dublin Institute of Advanced Studies in Dublin (DIAS) monitor seismic activity in Ireland and I think they publish tremor results in the country. The British Geological Survey also produce maps of recent activity felt over the British Isles and Ireland.

Probably was a blast at the quarry.

Anyway, the DIAS site is a bit outdated. Found this site http://www.emsc-csem.org/index.php?page=home#2 which may be of more use from a link on their page.

I'd put my money on the quarry.

Although earthquakes are happening all the time, we feel little if none of them here.

Happy wobbling :) :P

Advertisement