Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyres hitting arches

Options
  • 18-02-2011 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi,
    I recently put a set of 265 tyres on the back of my opel omega on a set of deep dish alloys. The Tyres are hitting the arches when I hit a bump.
    Was thinking of putting a set of coil overs on the car to harden the suspension.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Cheers

confused.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

It depends on the suspension your running and where its making contact.

Be careful its an NCT fail and its dangerous.

What size wheel do you have?

What suspension modifications do you have?

Do you have pictures of where its making contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I've the same problem with a toyota levin, very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭crossy

The wheels are deep dish 18".
    I am not too worried about the wheels for the nct as I have other standard wheels for it.

This is the car

IMG_4259.jpg
    This is the suspension I am thinking of getting for it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HSD-Coilovers-Vauxhall-Monaro-and-Omega-/190352499293

This is the suspension I am thinking of getting for it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HSD-Coilovers-...-/190352499293

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

You could get the arches rolled or atleast just the lip inside the arches rolled,might do the trick for ya

• Advertisement

was thinking of doing that but would it chip the paint?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

crossy wrote: »

Done correctly you paint should be fine...also the coilovers should help aswell since they'll be stiffer than what you have currently....im not too familiar with HSD coilovers but I know theres a few lads on driftireland using them and they dont seem to have any complaints. Maybe ask around there for a bit more help. Plenty of cars on there with low offset wheels and lowered to the hole!

crossy wrote: »

Not if the arch is heated before hand and done properly by some who knows what theyre doin,not some retard with a lump hammer(its happened!:eek:)

This is the roller I have at home.
    Would it work?

http://www.vuucult.com/t6019-wheel-arch-roller-new

It would ya,go on youtube and look at all the video tips proper arch rollers give and follow ther advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Couple of things.

HSD coilovers can be got through there official supplier driftworks if your looking for prices.

The coilovers will only solve your tyres hitting the arch if your clearances are ok.

Arch rolling will help give you more clearance but make sure that's where its catching and not anywhere else.

If you change to coilovers you'll need to get your car tracked and lower the car properly so you don't end up with silly camber and make the car handle really badly.

I Priced Drift Works. They are slightly dearer but I would go with them rather than Ebay.
    It Definitly hitting on the arch.
    I made that arch roller i put up and am going to roll them next weekend
    cheers guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Yeah arch rolling is probably the best bet, car will look nice :)

Advertisement