Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bayonet Ad pulled

Options
  • 18-02-2011 12:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

I was trying to sell a 1937 german Mauser bayonet over on adverts but the selling of knives is agianst the rules.

Moderator: Sorry Degsy, but what goes for adverts also goes for boards, we cannot permit the sale of knives here either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i always thought it was fairly stupid when ebay uk brought in the policy. however adverts policy is understandable, no site wants to be linked with a stabbing, you can see the headline already, "young man stabbed with knife bought on
    "

you can still sell them on ebay.com, give that a go.

im sure most stabbing are commited with common pen knifes or kitchen knifes, not a 18th century sword or 17 inch long first world war bayonet

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

Hi Degsy, it was me who removed your Adverts ad. I do fully appreciate that the bayonet is a collectors item, and of historical value, but we do have a strict policy of "No Knives" on Adverts.

That would include penknives (which some folks list in the Computer Peripherals category, because they have the USB Stick with them), to the more common kitchen knives, carving knives, etc. Unfortunately, its a blanket ban, which is why I removed your ad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Spocker wrote: »
    Hi Degsy, it was me who removed your Adverts ad. I do fully appreciate that the bayonet is a collectors item, and of historical value, but we do have a strict policy of "No Knives" on Adverts.

That would include penknives (which some folks list in the Computer Peripherals category, because they have the USB Stick with them), to the more common kitchen knives, carving knives, etc. Unfortunately, its a blanket ban, which is why I removed your ad.

Hey no problem Spocker,rules is rules is rules:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I tried to sell an archery bow and it was removed aswell???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

I tried to sell an archery bow and it was removed aswell???

Hi BlackEdelweiss,

I think projectile firing items also fall under the rules if they are over a certain velocity.

Best ask here on the adverts help desk:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1200

As this is now off-topic for militaria I am going to lock this thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement