Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Maths and Science Teaching?

• 17-02-2011 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone knows, if jobs are available or if maths and science teachers are in demand. i'm planning on doing a science education course in maynooth in sept. any info you have would be great. i'm also fluent in irish, so i'd have the option to teach in all-irish schools too

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Schools all over are cutting back on staff.
    If you don't mind the strong possibility of working part time hours for a few (some of my Maths teaching colleagues have been working for almost 10) years before anything like a full-time job, then go for it.
    Make sure the Teaching Council recognise your degree.

Advertisement