Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner telescope????

Options
  • 17-02-2011 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi :)

I'm looking for a good, cheap beginners telescope. I would like to be able to view and take good photo's of at least the moon and the planets.

Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for or give me the names of some good ones?

Thanks everyone! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

Hi there! I'm a beginner myself. This morning my astromaster 70 EQ beginners scope arrived and I'm thrilled with it. Skies are not good where I am at the moment so have been busying myself with the learnings of it all.

It cost me 114 euro and with the delivery cost of 15 euro came at a price of 130 euros.

I got it from astronomy.ie.

You can however begin with binoculars if you like but either way your sorted as a beginner I suppose. I'm sure someone here could be a lot more helpful than I am. There is also a sticky in this forum ''want a telescope?'' that can aid you in your search for the right scope.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Clare Corbally

Thats great thanks! Thats very helpfull! I'll check out that website! I'm actually a member of Astronomy Ireland and have went onto their website lots but none of them seemed to be cheap enough so thats great!

Thanks again! :D

Advertisement