Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help With Erased Hard Drive

Options
  • 17-02-2011 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

hi guys, basically long story short, i was using bootcamp and tried to increase the allowance of ubuntu but i messed up and deleted my partion, so i had to reinstall osx, to do so i had to erase/re-partion my hard drive, i'm wondering is it possible to get any files back, i need 1 word document i have the rest backed up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I presume you didn't have a Time Machine back-up ?

I've recovered files from a formatted Mac Drive using Mac Forensic Lab in the past so it is possible but can take quite a few hours to complete. It's not cheap though !!

This is a cheaper option but still costs 90 dollars !! I'm sure there must be a free/cheaper option out there somewhere ?!

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Talisman

Data Rescue can recover such files. Try the trial version to see if the file can be found.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

bedlam wrote: »
    If you really want to try something, get Photorec and have it scan the unallocated space.

This download expands to something that includes a folder called "Darwin". Nothing inside will run as an application on my G4 OS10.4.11. How does one install it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

I don't know much about Mac File System architecture but I'm sure this is recoverable if you can mount it with a linux CD (I'd be very suprised if you couldn't).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Ah, OK, I was only vaguely interested as I already own "Data Rescue". Having read this, I won't bother with "Photorec". But I'm sure that others will be grateful for the information!

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Critical Data Services out in Finglas offer a recovery service. Very thoroughand professional. Expensive but I suspect they'd find your files for you. Software alternatives are likely to reduce your chances of a full recovery.

Advertisement