Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avid C24??

Options
  • 17-02-2011 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Does anybody have, or know anyone who has an Avid C24?
    I'm thinking of getting one as part of a mixing set up but I'd love to get a look at one first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

I know kylemore college one ya might be able to ask for a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Doesn't that have different connectors rather then XLR's? Looks pretty cool otherwise though.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭goatboy1000

It has DB25 connections.
    It still has preamps but I hear they're not great.

I head the same thing. It's a great looking piece of kit but for that money I'd want to have decent preamps. The DB25 thing puts me off too for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭goatboy1000

True, but as a control surface it looks OK. I mix on a D-Control every day and I'm used to it, but the the Icon stuff is way too pricey for small setups, unless the good old lotto works out...
    I'm not a fan of the smaller options like 003 or pro control, so I'm figuring the C24 might be a happy medium between too small and too big.

• Advertisement

Yeah maybe so. Ya I've used D Command a good bit and as a control surface I really like it. It's just you pay all that money for a desk like that then you gotta pay another whatever amount for decent pre's. Anyways it's all the one to me cos I sure as hell can't afford to go near anything like that!

Advertisement