Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with digital transfer please!

Options
  • 17-02-2011 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi guys, i'm having a little problem, i am trying to transfer 8 tracks of drums from a Fostex D2424LV Mk. II to ProTools M-Powered via my M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R, I would like to have them on separate tracks so S/PDIF is not an option also I have no ADAT In on my interface, so that option is out the window. I have tried just taking lines directly from the outputs of the Fostex to the Inputs of my Interface, however when using the line level inputs on the interface the pre's are bypassed, they are for XLR only, and the signals are too low. Anybody got any ideas, or will i just have to use an external preamp to boost the signals? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭SeanHurley

I have never used this machine but you might want to try switching the analog inputs/outputs on the Fostex to be balanced (+4dBu) as opposed to unbalanced (-10dBV). It seems the Fostex defaults to unbalanced.

I just did a google for the manual and details of how to do this are on page 126. You can get the manual at http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/downloads/pdfs/d2424lv_owners_manual.pdf

It might not work but it is at least worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭moby1

I'll give it a go, i think it was set to -12dBV, pain in the hole! Thanks for the reply man, really appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Reposting in the correct area- the Main Forum, may well get more answers !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Can you get the information onto a DVD or another hard drive? If you could back it up into a DVD you could just pop it into the computer that way.

Format doesn't matter just get the files out of it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Echoplex

Haven't been here for a while so this is probably sorted. If not send me the drive and I will put the files on DVDR for you. I frequently transfer all 24 tracks by lightpipe D2424-PTHD9
    DD

• Advertisement
Advertisement