Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Character thoughts.

Options
  • 17-02-2011 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Sometimes I think about character.
    Character can be described as:-
    1) Moral or ethical strength,
    2) A description of a person's attributes, traits, and abilities.
    3) Personal integrity
    or even
    4) Doing what’s right even if we knew we would never be caught.

Have you ever thought what things you would do if you knew you could never be caught?
    Does the pressure of life ask questions of your strength to always do the right thing?
    Pressure doesn’t always develop character – but it does always reveal it!

My Dad used to say “locks are for keep honest people honest”
    So I ask myself - Do I need laws to keep me on the straight and narrow? Do I judge others by the standards I keep myself or by the standards I profess to keep, and how much of a gap is there between the two?
    Just something to ponder! ;)

Some people, like modern shops, hang everything in their windows and when one goes inside nothing is to be found —Berthold Auerbach
    Character is like a tree, and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing —Abraham Lincoln

Advertisement