Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vortex III - DW Convention, Belfast, 01/05/11

Options
  • 16-02-2011 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,919 ✭✭✭✭

The nearest thing to a Doctor Who convention anywhere on the island of Ireland returns to Belfast for the third year running on Sunday the 1st of May.
    Vortex III is getting set up and has announced this evening it's first guest, Bill Paterson who played Professor Edwin Bracewell in 'Victory of The Daleks'. (but don't hold that against him) More announcements should be made soon but I'd expect an actor associated more with Torchwood and maybe a Sarah Jane Adventure actor.
    Was at the event myself a couple of years ago and it was good fun. Missed last years one though so I can't comment on it's morals.
    More info can be found here
    http://www.tomihawk.com/utevents/
    Anyone planning on making the trip?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If I can convince someone to go with I just might try and make it along.

Don't quite fancy going to cons on my toblerone these days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,919 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Well in the week before the convention starts they put out a cal for anyone who wants to volunteer to help out a little at the convention, they say it's a great way for those heading up alone to meet others.
    Anyway we could always make the event a boards.ie Doctor Who fans meet up :D
    Second guest announced.
    Neve McIntosh who played the twin sister Alaya/Restac in the Silurian two parter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

If I can convince someone to go with I just might try and make it along.

Don't quite fancy going to cons on my toblerone these days :)

same here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Not sure how many people made it but seeing some pics - looked like good fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,919 ✭✭✭✭flazio

You'll notice that with the May Bank holiday fast approaching that there hasn't been any announcements about this year's event which usually takes place around this time of year.
    The last update on UT Events twitter (@ut_events) posted on the 10th of April states they plan to run the event sometime between August and November.

• Advertisement
Advertisement