Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Canteen

Options
  • 16-02-2011 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Iv Been Getting The Same thing the last couple weeks for the same price and the lad that served me yesterday says today "oh no sorry we dont do that price sorry" (chicken goujons and chips large for 4:50) they do it with everything one day they would serve you one meal and it would cost this another day it would cost that !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Charges me €3.80 for a large chicken and chips? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭thelibertyboy

so for everyone different prices ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

so for everyone different prices ?:)

Probably just doesn't like you, which I wouldn't plan him for!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Just go to londis, its much better:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Just go to londis, its much better:P

gotta agree with this statement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭theGavin

no, dont go to londis, i hate waiting in long lines in the place :P the less people that go there , the better :P

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

Or bring your own lunch! I hate the canteen with a passion. In first year I must have ploughed a fortune into it through sheer laziness. You'd be amazed at the amount of cash you save (better spent in the metro) if you stop eating the food they serve in there and just bring something in. 3 euro is not actually good value for a plate of beans chips and and sausages if you actually do the maths (I'm that sad lads)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I-Shot-Jr wrote: »
    Or bring your own lunch! I hate the canteen with a passion. In first year I must have ploughed a fortune into it through sheer laziness. You'd be amazed at the amount of cash you save (better spent in the metro) if you stop eating the food they serve in there and just bring something in. 3 euro is not actually good value for a plate of beans chips and and sausages if you actually do the maths (I'm that sad lads)

Especially with how cheap they would bulk buy all that stuff in for!

I used to bring my lunch in most of the time in there, really works out better!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

That canteen has severed the same muck for a long time now. I don't think there are any healthy options.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

That canteen was serving muck when I went there, and it's almost reassuring to know students can depend on something just never changing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

That canteen was serving muck when I went there, and it's almost reassuring to know students can depend on something just never changing

QFT

• Registered Users Posts: 20 danhiggins10

Im in 4th year and despite eating there almost everyday when im there Ive only paid a handfull of times, I try be all moral about it saying Its overpriced crap that should be subsidised for students but in reality its just habbit at this stage and have saved myself a small fortune :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭theGavin

Im in 4th year and despite eating there almost everyday when im there Ive only paid a handfull of times, I try be all moral about it saying Its overpriced crap that should be subsidised for students but in reality its just habbit at this stage and have saved myself a small fortune :-)

You, sir, are a genius

theGavin wrote: »
    You, sir, are a genius

We should just do that in londis when we get the auld one

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

We should just do that in londis when we get the auld one

She's a disaster, she can't wrap the rolls properly.

She's a disaster, she can't wrap the rolls properly.

she cant do anything properly, yesterday while making mine she knocked half of it onto the floor so half the roll was empty ¬_¬

Advertisement