Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Science in Maynooth, would this course be ideal for me??

Options
  • 16-02-2011 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi I am looking to do Computer science and currently my first choice is Trinity but the way the posters on the forum are describing the lectures and course content there it does not sound promising for me...

I have a huge interest in Programming and I have been messing about building computers and making private servers for a few years now.

Looking at the title of the course 'Computer Science and Software Engineering' it does have a more interesting element to it and it would be great if I could have some feedback on the course in Maynooth.

The guidance teacher has strongly recommended me choosing this CS course as it would be more suitable for me...
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Heya :) there's a lot of info on the computer science course in this thread and if you search in the subjects sticky at the top of the forum you should probably find a bit more.

There's a good few posters on here who do CS so I'm sure you'll get more answers from people who've done the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭AdmaialNimitz

CSSE - a lot of CS and a lot of SE...if its programming your into Id ask mp3guy for his opinion. He came to use already good at programming - the rest of us learnt as we went...

Any specific questions I can probably answere...

Advertisement