Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Online

Options
  • 16-02-2011 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Anyone here playing it?

I've been playing it on and off since beta and it seems to be improving a lot all though there are still a lot of problems.

Just wondering what the general opinion is on it, maybe if anyone is playing we should group up and pvp sometime :D

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I played it in the beta, and while there was potential, there were a massive amount of problems. Haven't looked in on it in ages though, so i can't give an up to date opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

Terrible game, absolutely riddled with bugs and duping. The PvP was terrible also when I played, if you are looking for this game Darkfall is the best available.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

I pre-ordered the game and they sent me a single dvd in a dingy little tinfoil case. They also activated my free month and subscribed me without any action on my part. That's a deal breaker for me. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of another months subscription. I've never actually played the game as I was away on holidays while my free time was dwindling away.

If they gave a "Come back and try it" period, I would consider it. Otherwise, I'll be warning my grandchildren to avoid this game if it somehow survives that long. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Ivan wrote: »
    I pre-ordered the game and they sent me a single dvd in a dingy little tinfoil case. They also activated my free month and subscribed me without any action on my part. That's a deal breaker for me. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of another months subscription. I've never actually played the game as I was away on holidays while my free time was dwindling away.

If they gave a "Come back and try it" period, I would consider it. Otherwise, I'll be warning my grandchildren to avoid this game if it somehow survives that long. :p
    They got me with that too. And to top things off, the game wouldn't even download. So I was paying for a months worth of not playing. I'll consider giving it a shot when they give me my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Pre-ordered, played for about 30 minutes in beta. Was one of the most horrific gaming experiences I'd ever had. Never went back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

is it really so bad? i was looking forward to it.... how long ago you played it? maybe it got improved?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Bobzer77

is it really so bad? i was looking forward to it.... how long ago you played it? maybe it got improved?

I've been playing it since beta and while it did have a bad launch it is improving, it's really hard for new players (about as hard as EvE was before the tutorials) and solo players but I've been enjoying it even if it does make me rage quit every now and again.

It's still full of duping and performance sucks they have less than 500 subs I'm pretty sure.

neilk32 wrote: »
    It's still full of duping and performance sucks they have less than 500 subs I'm pretty sure.

Nope they fixed duping, the odd mount dupe will sometimes come up after patches but they squash them pretty quick.

Performance has also improved a lot since the epic patch. I've gone from playing on low settings with 24-30 fps to playing max with dx10 at around the same fps.

There's also a free trial coming out today, that should let anyone who wants to check it out do so ;)

Might check it out for a while today, but I doubt it has changed enough to draw back all the people who quit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Yeah, I received the free trial email trying to lure me "back". I was never "there" to begin with, you thieving bastards, but I think I could give it a shot with a free trial.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll give the free trial a go as well. It's free after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Ivan wrote: »
    Yeah, I received the free trial email trying to lure me "back". I was never "there" to begin with, you thieving bastards, but I think I could give it a shot with a free trial.
    Make sure you don't have to give them credit card details.

humanji wrote: »
    Make sure you don't have to give them credit card details.

You don't.

Advertisement