Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loooking for a Pet Ferret

Options
  • 16-02-2011 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey there!

I've had pet ferrets in the past and I'm looking to get another but none of the local pet stores in my area seem to know where I can get a pet ferret instead of a hunting ferret.

Does anyone know anyone or anywhere selling pet ferrets in the general area of Cork city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

Hey there!

I've had pet ferrets in the past and I'm looking to get another but none of the local pet stores in my area seem to know where I can get a pet ferret instead of a hunting ferret.

Sorry can't help with source but I'm intrigued with distinction between pet and hunting. If you get a kitten and nip train them they are a pet? :confused:

I grew up with Ferrets so like I said was just curious as to what you meant. Good Luck on getting one great pets.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

My advice is to stay away from ANY pet shop selling ferrets, there;s no telling where they came from and what kind of genetic diseases they could have. Best bet is to get onto the irish ferret forum and ask the mods there for help; they know a few good breeders around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Like the the above poster, i would love to know if its actually possible to have a pet ferret, are they trainable ? and do they take to people easily?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Both of my ferrets were gotten from hunting background when they were sixteen weeks old. Now they love running around with our cats, sleeping on the back of my neck and snuggling up in the blankets. Yes, it is possible, it took us a week to train them out of nipping and they are absolutely amazing pets.

Advertisement