Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Photo's of GNR stock

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 Judgement Day

An authentic Dundalk, Newry & Greenore train in this You Tube clip from the movie "Saints & Sinners" (1949) at Carlingford.

There is a restored carriage in the Cultra Transport Museum (outside Belfast) which would be well worth seeing as the livery is very distinctive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭ cargo

An authentic Dundalk, Newry & Greenore train in this You Tube clip from the movie "Saints & Sinners" (1949) at Carlingford.

Nice clip, pity it's in B&W though :) Same problem still can't get the colours right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 Judgement Day

cargo wrote: »
    Nice clip, pity it's in B&W though :) Same problem still can't get the colours right

The museum at Cultra is the only place so, as the carriage is in pristine condition. Looking at your first post again - is it the Great Northern Railway you are talking about rather than the Greenore Railway? There are plenty of pics of the Great Northern Railway - let me know by PM or here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭ cargo

The museum at Cultra is the only place so, as the carriage is in pristine condition. Looking at your first post again - is it the Great Northern Railway you are talking about rather than the Greenore Railway? There are plenty of pics of the Great Northern Railway - let me know by PM or here.

Not too sure myself. It was the train that went out to Greenore but I dont know who operated it. I'm sure someone here will know. The picture is been reproduced from a b&w photo that was taken out around Ravensdale as the train passed in the background so it would have been a Greenore - Dundalk train.

edit: Google reckons it's the former Dundalk, Newry and Greenore Railway so DN&GR.

Advertisement