Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikram Yoga in Greenhills

Options
  • 16-02-2011 1:20pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    I am wondering if anyone could advise me.

i have been looking for a yoga class in the Dublin, with parking and this place has been recommended to me.

i have reading the website and tbh it has scared the life out of me :o:o

I am 36, not very fit (not unfit either) but the reason i am looking for a yoga class is that my back is really inflexiable and i am starting to get pains all over my body because my aligment is so off.

would i be able for this class? its is very expenisve, would i really have to go 3 times a week is feel the benefit

thanks

http://www.bikramyoga.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 nearlythereacca

I do Bikram yoga in sandyford and am now ( 6 months later) learning to love it! I found the first few classes tough to get used to the heat but am now at a stage where I feel cheated if the room isnt hot enough!

The classes are suitable for all levels, Ive seen people from 20-60 of all shapes and sizes doing it!

It is expensive but if you like it you can buy the classes in bulk which works out cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 nearlythereacca

PS I was also PETRIFIED going to my first class, I was convinced I would be the very one to pass out or something, but you wont! If you find the heat too much you just kneel on your mat and join back in when you feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

It's hard to say, irishbird. I have two yoga-going friends who tried that place - one loved it and the other hated it! I think it's because different yoga styles can vary quite a lot and different styles appeal to different people. I've yet to try hot yoga myself (it's on my to-do list!) so I can't advise from experience, I'm afraid.

I'd advise maybe trying one class before buying a monthly membership? You could try emailing the studio and explain that you'd like to buy a membership, but wo0uld like to try a class first?

Sorry I can't be of more help to you.

Advertisement