Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom alarm

Options
  • 16-02-2011 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all, I changed the battery's in my alarm system and since then I am getting sensor failure on 4 of the sensors. Any ideas to solve this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Dublinjo wrote: »
    Hi all, I changed the battery's in my alarm system and since then I am getting sensor failure on 4 of the sensors. Any ideas to solve this ?

Are the batteried in the correct way around ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Dublinjo

Just checked there, all in correct but still getting the same problem.

Just checked there, all in correct but still getting the same problem.

If you drop the lid on the panel, enter your user code. Press test, done. Open and close the lids on the sensors. Press done and close up the lid. Press the status button and lemme know what it says.

Thanks Altor. I did as you said but one is still giving the same fault, another is saying tamper, any ideas why ?

Thanks Altor. I did as you said but one is still giving the same fault, another is saying tamper, any ideas why ?

The tamper is the spring inside the sensor. Make sure it is lined up with tamper holder on the cover when closing the sensor. The sensor fault would either be a dead battery or fuse sensor is faulty. If you can take out the battery, put a small bit of cable between the + and - in the sensor. Then put the battery back in and test as I have told you. Let me know if this works.

• Advertisement

Your a star Altor, thank you very much. All working now :)

Your a star Altor, thank you very much. All working now :)

Your welcome Dublinjo, always happy to help :D

Advertisement