Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Custom fitting in Cork

Options
  • 16-02-2011 4:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

Looking for a set of Taylormade burner 2.0 irons custom fit. Was quoted €599 for a 4-sw set in American golf in Cork, which is good value. Custom fit for free with the purchase. Anybody have any experience with the store or with Nevada bobs in cork. Looking for the best possible fitting service available obviously and will be looking to get my other clubs custom fit at the same time. Any help/advice is much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pinseeker

dines08 i think you should pop down to fota maybe and take a look.up in there accademy they have big custom fitting bay.not sure about 2 places you mentioned as guessing they indoors.really think you need to be seeing ball flight outdoors to get full idea of what your ball is doing.fota has all the gear and taylormade for def.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Garda S Horgan

pinseeker wrote: »
    dines08 i think you should pop down to fota maybe and take a look.up in there accademy they have big custom fitting bay.not sure about 2 places you mentioned as guessing they indoors.really think you need to be seeing ball flight outdoors to get full idea of what your ball is doing.fota has all the gear and taylormade for def.
    +1

Unless you see the flight of the ball (especially with irons) then "custom fitting" is no more than getting the right lie and length and perhaps grip size, especially if you're limiting yourself to one type of iron.
    Best to hit a few and see which ones go too low or baloon or just don't look right at address.
    Yours etc,
    GSH.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

Thanks for the help lads... Not set on any particular set really. Just love the look of them and I've heard great things. Fully aware they may not be for me. I'm in Limerick and there are very limited places to get fitted. Some of them have a great reputation but offer very little choice of clubs. Looking for the best possible choice and the best possible service. Been saving for awhile to get this done so I want to get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Mat the trasher

I guess you'd be up to Fore in Kildare in the same time it would take to travel to Cork give or take.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Jasonw

dines08 wrote: »
    Looking for the best possible choice and the best possible service. Been saving for awhile to get this done so I want to get it right.

If that's the case I wouldn't limit myself to Cork. Having said that, if you do come to Cork then Fota is your best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭corkandproud

Fore in Kildare is miles ahead of Fota, and has a wider range too. Fota is pricy and not the best for customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Jasonw

Fota is pricy and not the best for customer service.

And Foregolf isn't? I bought a Taylormade wedge (new) in Fota just before christmas for 75 euro. Also, the attitude has really improved there in the last couple of years.

not saying there's any comparison in terms of fitting service but I stand by my comment that Fota is the best I've experienced in Cork.

That's what I'm after guys... Advice based on personal experience. Places to seriously consider and places to avoid. it'll be 3-4 weeks before I go for it so I've plenty of time to suss out all my options.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pinseeker

ive experienced fitting in both fota and fore golf dines08.fota has great range to be fair and taylormade for def which you have your eye on.its up to yourself on how far you want to travel.fota will be closer but on the other hand you probably wont get a better selection than fore golf,chances are you might not even come out with clubs you looking at.fore is costly and they dont discount fee if you purchase,think fota take fee for fitting off clubs if you buy.either way you will be well fitted id say, with fore getting the edge.enjoy the experience whichever way you go

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

Would the people in Fota be able to tell you the correct length for clubs?
    (I've been told that my driver is too long, but not sure what to do/get)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Dines08, why dont you go down to Donal McSweeney in Unigolf, Casteltroy, limerick.

He is a Taylormade and Ping custom fitter.

I went down there recently for a view and a chat and he has all the gear down there.
    He uses flight scope, V1 pro analysis and the Ping custom set up software (cant remember the name)

http://golfacademy.ie/

Check the dates. Year old thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

dines08 wrote: »
    Check the dates. Year old thread

Apologies, someone woke a sleeping thread and I didn't see the original date.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

Replying here to an older thread.

Just wondering has anyone been to Fota recently for a fitting and if they'd feedback?

Also a google search brought up Douglas pro shop (Stephen Hayes)
    Any info here?

I'd like to try out the Ping G30 driver but don't want to travel as far as the likes of Foregolf, etc

So looking for somewhere local. And don't want to be hitting into a net, ideally a range where I can see the ball flight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭yipsnomore

Drive Golf Glanmire. Dooley brothers. They have a lot of shafts in stock for the G30. Outdoor range with trackman. Good guys.

Advertisement