Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speculation on the next Kindle?

Options
  • 16-02-2011 4:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭

I'd really love an ebook reader that fit my needs wants. The Kindle 2 is too small for reading math/programming text books and the Dx is expensive, unrefined and heavy.

With that in mind I'm very curious about when the next generation DX/equivalent might arrive. I don't think it'll be very soon but I wonder if anyone would be willing to speculate on the time frame.

I also know that there's a lot of speculation about emerging e-ink technologies allowing for colour and animation. Unfortunately I don't give a hoot about either of those things and they would undoubtedly inflate the price and perhaps push back a release.

I have done a bit of googling but most of the focus at the moment is on tablets which, while interesting, aren't a suitable substitute.
    Tagged:

Advertisement