Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken HK Speaker

Options
  • 16-02-2011 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

Hi, hope this fits in here. Basically I have a HK Audio LUCAS 2000 PA system and since it hasn't been used in a while I decided to check it tonight. At which point I noticed that the sound from one of the "tops" was very muddy. It appears there is no sound coming from the HF driver at all. Is this likely to be blown or could there be a problem with the crossover?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

switch the speaker cables around (left>right) if its a blown tweeter it will still be present, if not the sound will be worse on opposite side. then you need to work your way backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

switch the speaker cables around (left>right) if its a blown tweeter it will still be present, if not the sound will be worse on opposite side. then you need to work your way backwards.

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean the cables connected to the tweeter? There is a crossover in each speaker enclosure. The 12" driver seems to be working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

If its just cable then ya might be grand... if its the tweeter just replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Good news is it's just the diaphragm so it's a relatively cheap and easy fix. :)
    Thanks for the replies.

Advertisement