Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA blog

Options
  • 16-02-2011 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

Just thought I would make a post about a new blog I've created on Cork GAA. Obviously it looks **** and rather sparse but nonetheless it will hopefully be of some interest to Cork GAA fans.

http://corkgaa.wordpress.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Fair play to ya, have a look at our own wj's blogsite, its been up and running now for 4 years, you might get some idea's off it, http://mayogaablog.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Thanks Mick - that site was an definite infleunce, along the lines of if Mayo have a blog why don't Cork? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Blue Magic

Hi lads,

Just regarding GAA blogs in general, are they worthwhile for clubs? I'm a rural Senior Hurling club in Cork and I was thinking to improve our website and compliment our Twitter page that a blog with match reports and the odd announcement, etc. would be very useful...

Could even use it to run club bulletin/newsletter?

What do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Blue Magic wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Just regarding GAA blogs in general, are they worthwhile for clubs? I'm a rural Senior Hurling club in Cork and I was thinking to improve our website and compliment our Twitter page that a blog with match reports and the odd announcement, etc. would be very useful...

Could even use it to run club bulletin/newsletter?

What do people think?

I set up and look after our tidy towns site (www.swinfordtidytowns.com) and update the blog fairly often. I have it linked to our facebook page and twitter feed which drives traffic to the site. I have also set up a monthly newsletter from the site through a plug-in which is brilliant for getting info out. Would definetly reccomend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Blue Magic

mayo.mick wrote: »
    I set up and look after our tidy towns site (www.swinfordtidytowns.com) and update the blog fairly often. I have it linked to our facebook page and twitter feed which drives traffic to the site. I have also set up a monthly newsletter from the site through a plug-in which is brilliant for getting info out. Would definetly reccomend it!

Thanks. Driving traffic is the thing alright

• Advertisement
Advertisement