Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPhone 4 Battery ****e???

Options
  • 16-02-2011 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Simple as... iv been researching alot about the battery, my battery lasts on stand by to average use it lasts 15 hours. no wifi, push off, notifications off etc... Is anyone else having the same problem???

That said its prob just me as my old phone Nokia xpressmusic 5800 battery would last at least 2 full days with heavy txting use.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

When you open an app it stays open until you close it.

To close all apps go onto the norm screen. Double click the home button so the last used apps come up. Then hold one of the apps until the close sign comes up. Close all apps.

This significantly increased my battery life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭seanie69r

Doyler92 wrote: »

To close all apps go onto the norm screen. Double click the home button so the last used apps come up. Then hold one of the apps until the close sign comes up. Close all apps.

ouuu rite, just done it there, must see how i get on. how long does your battery last out of curiousity???

DOYLER 92---say when u open messages and want to close the messages and go back to the main screen how does that work, as i cant see a close button. so do you mean everytime i click home button to get out of messages, i must then double tap home button and close it from there. is there not an alternative way???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Seanie all is I know is that whatever you open stays open until you close it that way. I'm getting about a day and a half nowadays by doing this to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

I get 2 days out of mine with normal use (wifi always on, ipod almost always on, voice memo recording lectures etc etc).

• Advertisement

Crasp wrote: »
    I get 2 days out of mine with normal use (wifi always on, ipod almost always on, voice memo recording lectures etc etc).

wow thats savage. suppose its how long u use it too. txtn ringing etc....

Seanie all is I know is that whatever you open stays open until you close it that way. I'm getting about a day and a half nowadays by doing this to it.
    thanks mate, just was confusing that there was no close button. il give it a go and see the crack. cheers doyler

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

seanie69r wrote: »
    wow thats savage. suppose its how long u use it too. txtn ringing etc....

Yeah it's not bad! you're right though, it depends on your use. I'm abroad most of the time so webtext and skype are the main method of calls and texts. both just use the wifi. I'd say making normal phone calls all day long would be a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

I get around 2 days out of mine with what I would consider "heavy" use, though I don't spend that much time making phone calls these days.

Once, I went on holiday, and it lasted the whole week because roaming was so bloody expensive so I didn't use it much except as an alarm clock!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Wrong. Some apps will run in the background, skype is one that'll really rape your battery, but most apps just sit there doing nothing.

• Advertisement

rivalius13 wrote: »
    Wrong. Some apps will run in the background, skype is one that'll really rape your battery, but most apps just sit there doing nothing.

and can u close skype??? im thinking of getting it later on

BEST solution, battery on 11hours now and still have 75% battery, comparing to my earlier comment. this technique defo works

mucho grazias!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you're comparing a smart phone's battery life to a nokia 5800? sorry but any argument you have is invalid.

you're comparing a smart phone's battery life to a nokia 5800? sorry but any argument you have is invalid.

its not an argument, it was a comparison...:p:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

its not an argument, it was a comparison...:p:cool:
    Like comparing the fuel economy of an Honda 50 to that of a Ferarri F50. Silly.
    and can u close skype??? im thinking of getting it later on

Double tap home button, go to skype, hold it for a few seconds until it wiggles, click the red circle, boom, closed. Or in the app you can get it to turn off backgrounding after a certain amount of time or disable it all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Dim the brightness on the phone as well, the display would use a decent amount of power I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I can get 48 hours out of mine easily enough... is your screen brightness turned all the way up? Is it jailbroken?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

If you're jailbroken, you can remove multitasking altogether, or use app called backgrounder do decide which apps you wanna close completely without need to double click, hold til wiggle then exit. Also remove recents does something similar. They're all JB apps though.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

I find the app store app seems to eat my battery, especially if there are app updates waiting. I usually remove it from the multitasking list when I am finished using the app this is on wifi & unjailbroken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

cornbb wrote: »
    I can get 48 hours out of mine easily enough... is your screen brightness turned all the way up? Is it jailbroken?

48 hours??! Yea me too if I leave it switched off! Seriously you mustn't be using it much to get 48 hours 'easily'.

• Advertisement

Dim the brightness on the phone as well, the display would use a decent amount of power I reckon

yea thats dimmed down to the balls, although i do leave on auto adjust as it can be too dark at times. getting about a day and a half now with light/medium use.

cornbb wrote: »

not jailbroken, afraid of the whole warranty topic:(:(

Advertisement