Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fishing tuition beginners

Options
  • 15-02-2011 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

The brother and myself were considering giving fishing a try. I remember seeing a package with some hotel in mayo last summer where you get a lesson for a few hours and then a class on preparing fish for cooking, gutting, cutting up etc.

Went looking the other night and no sign, so could anybody recommend anywhere for absolute beginners? I just want the basic instruction but the gutting etc would be important to see if we really had the stomach for it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭coolhandspan

Maybe consider catch and release at start guy, especially if fly fishing

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭rtc

Wind up. Ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ah yeah

Maybe consider catch and release at start guy, especially if fly fishing

Angling so; Posted here because I couldn't find a fishing thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11 A_Walshe

One if the best ways of learning is by joining a local angling club. This way you'll meet other anglings, pick up hints and tips on the best methods and knots to use. I remember when I started fly fishing the club members were very helpful. Tight Lines :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

ah yeah wrote: »
    The brother and myself were considering giving fishing a try. I remember seeing a package with some hotel in mayo last summer where you get a lesson for a few hours and then a class on preparing fish for cooking, gutting, cutting up etc.

Went looking the other night and no sign, so could anybody recommend anywhere for absolute beginners? I just want the basic instruction but the gutting etc would be important to see if we really had the stomach for it.

Thanks

I think that's the pontoon bridge hotel that does that course.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Yes, it's the Pontoon bridge Hotel.
    But you want to make sure you go the right week for the fishing course , because they do a painting course too!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

might be alright coolwings, we could have a few springers tearing up rivers with go faster stripes!!!:D
    coolwings wrote: »
    Yes, it's the Pontoon bridge Hotel.
    But you want to make sure you go the right week for the fishing course , because they do a painting course too!

Advertisement