Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco 2425 router and win XP 64-bit

Options
  • 15-02-2011 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Just got UPC over the weekend and I set everything up and got the laptops working perfectly.

Went out and got a wireless NIC for my desktop and installed it and got the newest drivers (it supports 802.11b/g and all WiFi security types) I can find my router and i have good signal but every time i try to connect it never does.

I can connect perfectly fine when there's no wireless security and the connection is open, I've tried all the security types and i cant connect on any of them with the correct security keys.

My machine is windows XP 64-bit edition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 AnDtuigeannTu

I also recently tried connecting to a older router in the house and connected through WEP and succeeded, although i haven't tried any of the other security types.

So it's safe to say that its not my wireless NIC that's broken and the problem is between my NIC and the upc router.

I can get an older laptop to connect using windows XP 32-bit but not my newer desktop that's on 64-bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 AnDtuigeannTu

Its okay now, it was a mismatch in encryption types that i overlooked between my NIC and the router, my bad

Advertisement