Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSL Duende Native

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

seems like a really good investment. not too sure about SSL practices regarding old hardware owners, on one hand the crossgrade is a good gesture but on the other it seems like quite a kick in the balls for them, especially those who bought recently. resale prices will hit the floor once these things are cracked unfortunatly.

but just like waves and sonnox thats not going to take away from the quality of the software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jimaneejeebus

I see TC po/co are gone the way of the dodo also. I was talking to a guy who used to work for sonnox and he said the only reason developers still use the extra dsp is for an elaborate [but pretty effective] dongle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

pretty pricey, am i the only one concerned about shelling out circa 1k for software, whats the general longetivity of software???? puts me off to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭shayleon

Sacred_git wrote: »
    pretty pricey, am i the only one concerned about shelling out circa 1k for software, whats the general longetivity of software???? puts me off to be honest!
    With so many free and cheap high quality plugins, I wouldn't ! For this money you can probably buy everything that PSP Audio has

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

so their new uncracked security system lasted all of 1 week :-/

is there ANY more proof developers need that dongles only work for portability? as security devices they just dont work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 HoopStudios

Hey dudes,

theres a shootout between the waves bundle and this on the andy sneap forum if any one is interested

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/9666173-post38.html

(credit to orginal poster)
    pretty cool..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

There seems to be a lot of good SSL plugs out there at the minute. Is there actually room for another? Even though its from the original producers? Im not sure. Waves and UAD have done a great job (Im not hugely experienced with the actual desks).I like what the plugs do regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 HoopStudios

Yeah, I have never used an ssl desk(dont expect to). I like the waves bundle, Its my most used plug in..Still im always gasing for more gear:D

Advertisement