Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech cs350

Options
  • 15-02-2011 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    had a neighbour replace a p.i.r on my system this morning and when I came home my keypad is saying fuse and a warning light. Any ideas what's wrong, he's off working and I don't want to annoy him over something hopefully small.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

I would say he blew the fuse in the panel. It is the F2 fuse. You will need to turn off the mains before you open the control panel. There is a diagram showing the fuses on the back of the lid.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭antlyn

Thanks. I have fuses 1amp glass like what was in it and it was blown, however my fuses blow as soon as I insert them. I have power off and they blow when I reconnect the battery. Just wondering is it a time delay fuse? Or some special fuse? It's just that the guy that did the job is a friend of my parents and did the job as a favour but he lives 30+ miles away and I don't want to ring him for what seems like a small job.

antlyn wrote: »
    Thanks. I have fuses 1amp glass like what was in it and it was blown, however my fuses blow as soon as I insert them. I have power off and they blow when I reconnect the battery. Just wondering is it a time delay fuse? Or some special fuse? It's just that the guy that did the job is a friend of my parents and did the job as a favour but he lives 30+ miles away and I don't want to ring him for what seems like a small job.

I would say the power cable + and - is touching off each other and that is blowing the fuse.

In the new p.i.r? Or in the panel?

In the new p.i.r? Or in the panel?

It could be either but check the PIR first as this is what was changed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There is a + & - connection between the panel & the PiR.
    Disconnect those 2 wires in the PiR & leave them seperated.
    Replace the fuse & see if it blows.
    If it does there is a short on the cable.
    If it doesnt carfully reconnect to the PiR taking care that they don't touch off each other or any other part of the PiR.
    If the fuse blows when you connect to the PiR it may be a faulty device.
    I'm presuming, ofcourse, you are replacing with an equivilent type & rating.

PS also ensure + is going to +
    and - is going to -

Thanks everyone managed to sort out the shorting problem,but now I dont have any lights on the new or old pir. Any ideas??

Thanks everyone managed to sort out the shorting problem,but now I dont have any lights on the new or old pir. Any ideas??

Have you tested the PIR to make sure its working ? Do you have power going to the PIR ?

I have power at my other pirs now but not at changed one. Wiring question? My red and black are coming from 2 and 3 on the panel and are going to + and minus on the new pir. Blue and yellow coming from 23 and 24 with resistor and going to tamper contacts on pir. Does this sound correct? Connections on new pir are 2 tamper, + and -, two nc and da. It is different to the old one, does it need to be programmed perhaps?

I have power at my other pirs now but not at changed one. Wiring question? My red and black are coming from 2 and 3 on the panel and are going to + and minus on the new pir. Blue and yellow coming from 23 and 24 with resistor and going to tamper contacts on pir. Does this sound correct? Connections on new pir are 2 tamper, + and -, two nc and da. It is different to the old one, does it need to be programmed perhaps?

If you have two resistor in the PIR then the zone should of being set up for dual end of line. In the control panel are there 6 cables connected from this cable or 4 ?

• Advertisement

No resistors at pir, just four cables connected at panel, resistor between blue and terminal 23 at panel, yellow straight into 24

No resistors at pir, just four cables connected at panel, resistor between blue and terminal 23 at panel, yellow straight into 24

Connect the yellow into the n/c and blue into c on the PIR.
    Let me know if that fixes it.

Tried it but only have two nc contacts theres none marked c. There is an da contact. It didnt work anyway.

Tried it but only have two nc contacts theres none marked c. There is an da contact. It didnt work anyway.

Can you post a picture of the motion ?

I can't sorry, but it's one of these

http://www.sourcesecurity.com/docs/fullspec/ISM-BLQ1.pdf

Connect yellow to n/c blue to n/c.

Got it just before you replied, theres a little screw at the top that I tightened and it worked then, think the pins werent making contact till I tightened it. Thanks for all your help. Going to get it serviced as well soon, though obviously not by the goon that changed the pir!

Got it just before you replied, theres a little screw at the top that I tightened and it worked then, think the pins werent making contact till I tightened it. Thanks for all your help. Going to get it serviced as well soon, though obviously not by the goon that changed the pir!

Your welcome antlyn,
    It is an old enough alarm but if properly maintained and serviced will keep going for years to come.

Advertisement