Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would Pay for Met Eireann HiRes Radar?

Options
  • 15-02-2011 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭

Following on from Met Eireann Vs RainToday UK, would you pay a subscription for HiRes radar from Met Eireann?

Pay For Met Eireann HiRes Radar 45 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    33% 15 votes
    €5 a month
    46% 21 votes
    €10 a month
    20% 9 votes
    Over €10 a month
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Yes, the price would want to be reasonable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Min wrote: »
    Yes, the price would want to be reasonable though.

Id go up to €12 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Id go up to €12 a month.

You seem to be made of money

Send me the 12 euro a month and ill keep it safe for ya ;)

t|nt|n wrote: »
    You seem to be made of money

Send me the 12 euro a month and ill keep it safe for ya ;)

Well i have the good fortune to currently hav a part-time job, ok maybe 12 IS a bit too much , what am i thinking!?!.... 5 euro a month is my max!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

It depends. This is something where they should give the first months free then after giving people a taste they can sign up . 12 euro for just high res radar is a bit mad sure raintoday only charge £2.99 or £25 for the whole year for it. E3.99 is probably the price point they should go at or E30 for the whole year.

Realisticly though in order to get subscriptions they would want to undercut raintoday and they should be able to do it easily aswell since they are the source of the information.

• Advertisement

It depends. This is something where they should give the first months free then after giving people a taste they can sign up . 12 euro for just high res radar is a bit mad sure raintoday only charge £2.99 or £25 for the whole year for it. E3.99 is probably the price point they should go at or E30 for the whole year.

Realisticly though in order to get subscriptions they would want to undercut raintoday and they should be able to do it easily aswell since they are the source of the information.

Thanks for puttin some sense into me! ha.... Edited my previous post! ha

To compare... heres accu weathers professional service :)http://www.accuweather.com/proBenefits.asp?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

I already have Met eireann Hi-Res Radar. Just press "Ctrl +" about 10 times :D

Seriously though, do they even have high res radar data available to them? And I've noticed the shannor radar is inaccurate (from the December snow reports in Cork vs radar images), so high res would be pretty worthless for the likes of Cork if it's still the same.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Yes - but only a couple of quid a month. Don't think I'd pay E5 per month.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Not till they add more radars in Dooncarton and Schull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Absolutely no way, i'd rather not have it than pay! And it frequently shows non existant rain and doesn't show showers. Combine the wifi interference into that, they couldn't charge for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

If they offered a similar radar service to that of netweather.tv or raintoday.co.uk (haven't tried that one but it looks reasonable) I'd certainly have no problem paying for it if the prcies were also similar. They're always running on a limited budget though and I suppose it just depends on whether there would be enough interest in developing such a system to make it worth their while..

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Parakeets

It's a silly poll. You are already paying for the existing weather radars through general taxes. That's how essential services are provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

i use yo window2.0, i find it pretty accurate + its free.

Advertisement