Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Presenter on RTE1

Options
  • 15-02-2011 12:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Can't say I ever saw her before and she looked absolutely delighted when she mentioned an upcoming sequence of rain and frost and more rain . Catherine something. When did she start ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Can't say I ever saw her before and she looked absolutely delighted when she mentioned an upcoming sequence of rain and frost and more rain . Catherine something. When did she start ??

I noticed her to when i flicked it on for the last bit of the forecast.... we'll have to make a nickname for her now!! ha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Catherine Cronin.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1091737

20 mins in. She will do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Nicely presented. I like the way she said "strong and gusty southeasterly winds" at the end. I approve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

She needs a proper cold spell to get trained in properly!

Nah she's trying way too hard. That enthusiasm is definitely getting the better of her...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Rougies wrote: »
    I like the way she said "strong and gusty southeasterly winds" at the end. I approve.

LoL... There is just something so wrong with that statement. Forecast Fetish. :D

Anyway, she done grand. And is easy on the eye.

picture.php?albumid=1544&pictureid=8811

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Shes been on RTE for ages, introducing the start of programmes ,same as nuala carey does or did. Shes very confident at the aul forecasts alrite, shes been presenting the weather the past few months already. Shes probably not a permanent fixture, next thing youll have your man from telly bingo presenting the weather :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭noworries

Pangea wrote: »
    Shes probably not a permanent fixture, next thing youll have your man from telly bingo presenting the weather :D

Shouldn't even be discussing non-met eireann forecasters in this forum IMHO.;)

(I am one of those old foggies who likes my weather delivered by weather pro's - not the latest winner of the lovely girl competition out in RTE.)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ninge

She is an economics lecturer in Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design & Technology - a VERY scary woman!

ninge wrote: »
    She is an economics lecturer in Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design & Technology - a VERY scary woman!

So not qualified to deliver the weather? Well done RTE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

ninge wrote: »
    She didn't forecast the economic state the country's in did she. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Duiske wrote: »
    LoL... There is just something so wrong with that statement. Forecast Fetish. :D

Anyway, she done grand. And is easy on the eye.

picture.php?albumid=1544&pictureid=8811
    Nice maternity frock:eek:

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vienna

Not a great angle on that pic but....... she's a good looker for sure and nice presenter too.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1091800
    :cool:;);)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement