Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brit Awards 2011

Options
  • 15-02-2011 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭

Nominees:-

British Male Solo Artist
    Mark Ronson
    Paul Weller
    Plan B
    Robert Plant
    Tinie Tempah

British Female Solo Artist
    Cheryl Cole
    Ellie Goulding
    Laura Marling
    Paloma Faith
    Rumer

British Breakthrough Act
    Ellie Goulding
    Mumford & Sons
    Rumer
    Tinie Tempah
    The xx

British Group
    Biffy Clyro
    Gorillaz
    Mumford & Sons
    Take That
    The xx

British Single
    Alexandra Burke ft. Pitbull: 'All Night Long'
    Cheryl Cole: 'Parachute'
    Florence & The Machine: 'You've Got The Love'
    Matt Cardle: 'When We Collide'
    Olly Murs: 'Please Don't Let Me Go'
    Plan B: 'She Said'
    Scouting For Girls: 'This Ain't A Love Song'
    Taio Cruz: 'Dynamite'
    Tinie Tempah: 'Pass Out'
    The Wanted: 'All Time Low'

Mastercard British Album Of The Year
    Mumford & Sons: Sigh No More
    Plan B: The Defamation Of Strickland Banks
    Take That: Progress
    Tinie Tempah: Disc-Overy
    The xx: xx

International Male Solo Artist
    Bruce Springsteen
    Cee Lo Green
    David Guetta
    Eminem
    Kanye West

International Female Solo Artist
    Alicia Keys
    Katy Perry
    Kylie Minogue
    Rihanna
    Robyn

International Group
    Arcade Fire
    Black Eyed Peas
    Kings of Leon
    The Script
    Vampire Weekend

International Album
    Arcade Fire: The Suburbs
    Cee Lo Green: The Lady Killer
    Eminem: Recovery
    Katy Perry: Teenage Dream
    Kings of Leon: Come Around Sundown

Critics' Choice
    Jessie J

British Producer
    Ethan Johns
    John Leckie
    Markus Dravs
    Mike Pela
    Stuart Price

James Corden hosts the show tonight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

arcade fire will fleece the international category's they deserve the awards and i hope plan b does well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I've never understood the black eyed pees...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Good to see Laura Marling get a nod. Twitter traffic about it makes me want to kill myself though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭sunnysummer

though it was pretty random Roger Daltry when he was announcing the album of the year and he mentioned that Plan B reminded him of his own band and he then went on to annouce Mumford and Sons as the winner.
    Thought the way he mentioned Plan B that he had won it.
    Think Stictland banks is a grt album though.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tinie Tempah and Arcade Fire were the major winners at tonight's Brit Awards, taking home two trophies apiece.

Tempah - real name Patrick Okogwu, Jr. - collected the 'British Breakthrough Act' prize while also picking up the 'British Single' gong for his chart-topping debut 'Pass Out'.

The South London rapper celebrated by taking to the stage at London's O2 Arena to perform a medley of his hits 'Written In The Stars', 'Miami 2 Ibiza', 'Frisky' and 'Pass Out'.

Arcade Fire added to their 'Album Of The Year' accolade at last week's Grammy Awards by collecting two trophies tonight: 'International Album' for their transatlantic chart-topperThe Suburbs and 'International Group'.

Take That were named 'British Group' of the past 12 months - the 20th Brit Award to have been collected either by the pop combo as a whole or Robbie Williams as a solo artist.

Meanwhile, Mumford & Sons collected the prestigious 'Mastercard British Album Of The Year' prize for Sigh No More.

Laura Marling pipped Ellie Goulding and Cheryl Cole in the 'British Female' category, while Plan B beat Tempah and Mark Ronson to the 'British Male' award.

Rihanna nuked competition from Katy Perry and Kylie Minogue to take home the 'International Female' trophy, while Cee Lo Green was named 'International Male' over Eminem and Kanye West.

Meanwhile, Justin Bieber beat the Glee cast in the 'International Breakthrough Act' category.

Notable performances at the annual events came from Adele, Rihanna, Take That, Cee Lo Green and Plan B. The ceremony was hosted by Gavin and Stacey star James Corden.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a304002/tinie-tempah-arcade-fire-score-brits-doubles.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Good to see Laura Marling get a nod. Twitter traffic about it makes me want to kill myself though.

I wondered why she was a trending topic and clicked. I wish I hadn't. I didn't realise that so many semi-literate imbeciles used Twitter. Great to see talent prevailing over celebrity for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm glad she won and not Cheryl Cole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Why were The National up for Best International Breakthrough Act? Surely that's for acts that only came out with their first album in the last year or so? Or is it different from 'Newcomer' in that a band that have been around for years under the radar qualify because they had a big year last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

The National's category was baffling. The National and Justin Bieber in the same category was ridiculous.

I'm a big Arcade Fire fan, but thought their performance was a bit meh, especially in light of their phenomenal turn at the Grammys the other night. Adele was great. Biggest surprise of the night was possibly Take That outMusing Muse - in fact I'd say their production was far more effective.

Advertisement