Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown 18/02 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 15-02-2011 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 85,869 ✭✭✭✭

Source
    It was announced on Raw that this week's Smackdown, which is the 600th episode, which be headlined by a big 12 man tag team main event featuring WWE World Heavyweight Champion Edge, John Cena, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, John Morrison and R-Truth vs. CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus, Kane, Wade Barrett and Drew McIntyre.
    Vickie Guerrero also said on Raw tonight that she will be naming Dolph Ziggler the new World Champion on Smackdown this week because she has proof that Edge was responsible for attacking Teddy Long.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

it is going to take ALOT to even come close to bettering raw!! my god!!

Maybe a certain someone will have to make a surprise appearance....after all, it IS his show!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,869 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

it is going to take ALOT to even come close to bettering raw!! my god!!

Maybe a certain someone will have to make a surprise appearance....after all, it IS his show!! ;)

I'm sure he will be mentioned and shown lots (do SD still do a Raw rebound segement)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

1. John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton, Edge, John Morrison, and R-Truth defeated Kane, C.M. Punk, King Sheamus, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, and Drew McIntyre. After they all took turns hitting finishers, Rey hit a double 619 on Dolph and Barrett, then Edge speared Dolph for the pin.

As Edge celebrated, Vickie Guerrero came out to major heat. She said Edge assaulted Teddy Long, she can prove it, and he's fired. The coronation of Dolph will be later tonight. Edge slowly left to cheers to stay.

2. Maryse and Layla beat Eve and Beth Phoenix. Michelle McCool came out with Layla to do commentary, but she looked like she was limping. She's definitely hurt, as she has a cast on her right foot. Michelle interfered and sold it as if she injured her foot, but she was definitely already wearing a cast and limping beforehand.

3. The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston is in progress. Alberto Del Rio came out and distracted Kofi by whipping him with his scarf. Miz hit the Skull Crushing Finale and got the pin.

A graphic noted that Smackdown will pass Gunsmoke after 34 more episodes. It will be second on the list behind only Raw.

4. Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov defeated Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater by DQ to retain the WWE Tag Titles. The Corre members were DQ'd after the other members of the group interfered when Santino hit The Cobra on Gabriel. Big Show came out and saved the tag champs.

The Dolph Ziggler coronation angle is up next. As expected, Teddy Long returned. He opted to give Dolph the World Hvt. Championship, but he booked an immediate title match between Dolph and Edge.

5. Dolph Ziggler vs. Edge for the World Hvt. Championship. Technically, Edge became the "new" World Hvt. Champion. After the match, Teddy fired Dolph, meaning there's an opening in the Elimination Chamber match. Edge dropped confetti while the live crowd sang goodbye to Dolph. End show.

Looks like Taker is going to be in the Chamber.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Whay-hey! Dolph is the new World Champion! Yay!

Boo! His title reign is over. Awe :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,444 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Why take the title off Dolph tonight? Why not let him carry it into the EC and lose it there? It's only 2 days (from when SD airs) but at least it'd be longer than Kanes first win. Now Dolph surely has the shortest reign in history does he?

• Advertisement

Dolph was fired :eek: did he attack Teddy?

I'd love for Christian to take his spot in the EC match

Barrington wrote: »
    Why take the title off Dolph tonight? Why not let him carry it into the EC and lose it there? It's only 2 days (from when SD airs) but at least it'd be longer than Kanes first win. Now Dolph surely has the shortest reign in history does he?

I still think Andre's is the shortest, since he won and then handed over the title iirc. At least Dolph had a match.

As for Dolph's firing, I'd imagine this is them switching him full time over to Raw....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'd love for Christian to take his spot in the EC match

really? I never knew you were a Christian fan!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

So Edge is an eleven time World Champion? :eek:

He may beat Flair's record before Hunter....:eek::eek:

The ending reads like an epic cluster****, I assume if Dolph is fired then he will be replaced by someone, no idea who though.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    So Edge is an eleven time World Champion? :eek:

He may beat Flair's record before Hunter....:eek::eek:

The ending reads like an epic cluster****, I assume if Dolph is fired then he will be replaced by someone, no idea who though.

I say Dolph will be put back in the EC match or Cody will replace him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Sounds like a really **** show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Who the **** booked that last part.Edge was stripped of the Belt,Dolph gets handed the belt then loses it minutes later. What a clusterf**k piece of booking that was.Worthy of Russo. Devalues the belt aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

hopefully Christian comes back leading to a triple threat at mania

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

I'm guessing that after the SD! EC is finished, and Edge wins, Vickie is going to come out and re-instate Ziggler, and give him his title rematch seeing as he lost the title to Edge. Have Ziggler win and you've crowned Ziggler as champion without him beating loads of established star's in the EC. Queue a triple threat main event at Mania of Del Rio Vs Edge VS Ziggler.

Looks like Raw only gets the Del Rio/Edge confrontations :rolleyes: nothing again this week on SD

It might have been best to have the 6 man tag main event and close the show

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Whatever happened to long, strong title reigns from years ago? This thing of having a new champ at every other PPV makes it really hard to keep up with champions and as said, it devalues the belt.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Looks like Raw only gets the Del Rio/Edge confrontations :rolleyes: nothing again this week on SD

It might have been best to have the 6 man tag main event and close the show

HA i was saying the same ,

Why is del rio in 2 rivalries at the same time. Surely he should be concentrating on Edge no Kofi on SD now RAW

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The ending reads like an awful mess. Wasn't there a PPV where Orton was given the title, then lost it to Hunter and then won it back at the end of the show? That annoyed me at the time and this seems very similar. Why give Ziggler a ridiculously short title reign? Sounds like he could be off to Raw now as well which I'm not sure will be good for him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The ending reads like an awful mess. Wasn't there a PPV where Orton was given the title, then lost it to Hunter and then won it back at the end of the show? That annoyed me at the time and this seems very similar. Why give Ziggler a ridiculously short title reign? Sounds like he could be off to Raw now as well which I'm not sure will be good for him.

Agreed he has only started in the Main Event area . Could we see Ziggler vs Edge vs Del Rio at WM? Vickie does everything in her power to bring Ziggler back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

T Wasn't there a PPV where Orton was given the title, then lost it to Hunter and then won it back at the end of the show?

No Mercy 2007 - HHH beat Orton for the WWE title, then HHH defended the WWE Title against Umaga (R.I.P.), and finally HHH lost the title back to Orton in a Last man standing match...........There was lots of Hunter that night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

Just from reading it that ending makes no sense :confused: a two day reign and losing it in the EC would have left the belt with much more credibility

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jimmy jailbreak

I'm just after watching this and it was a really good episode of Smackdown! For all those who have their panties in a twist over Ziggler's championship reign, don't worry it was never official (WWE.com doesn't even acknowledge it). I thought the whole Edge vs Vickie w/Dolph thing was a nice little fued, highlighted of course by Vickie's more than able abilities as a heel. Booker is certainly improving as a commentator, he held his own with Cole for most of their back and forth bickering while Josh keeps everything grounded as the play by play announcer. Anyway this episode reminded me how there aren't any major problems on this show, I highly suggest watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

I'm just after watching this and it was a really good episode of Smackdown! For all those who have their panties in a twist over Ziggler's championship reign, don't worry it was never official (WWE.com doesn't even acknowledge it). I thought the whole Edge vs Vickie w/Dolph thing was a nice little fued, highlighted of course by Vickie's more than able abilities as a heel. Booker is certainly improving as a commentator, he held his own with Cole for most of their back and forth bickering while Josh keeps everything grounded as the play by play announcer. Anyway this episode reminded me how there aren't any major problems on this show, I highly suggest watching it.

so ziggles never held the title

The ending reads like an awful mess. Wasn't there a PPV where Orton was given the title, then lost it to Hunter and then won it back at the end of the show? That annoyed me at the time and this seems very similar.

That made sense in context; Cena was due to face Orton for the title but Cena got injuried and had to vacate the title. The whole Hunter-fest was so that Orton would win the title but do so in a strong way; instead of being given it, he had to fight hard for it...

Wow Barrett and Punk on the one team and no confrontation :rolleyes: friends already

Ziggler puts himself into position for the 619

I'm glad Cole mentioned The Rock

I'm liking Booker T on the commentary team

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Hopefully a Danielson v Ziggler feud on Raw!

And at least Edge is finally over as a face world champion,looking forward to his fued with Alberto!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

I missed the first half.

Was it actually proven that Edge didn't take out Long?
    I'm just after watching this and it was a really good episode of Smackdown! For all those who have their panties in a twist over Ziggler's championship reign, don't worry it was never official (WWE.com doesn't even acknowledge it).

I know they've decided to spoil their own shows before, but Smackdown is only just airing round about now in the US, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That made sense in context; Cena was due to face Orton for the title but Cena got injuried and had to vacate the title. The whole Hunter-fest was so that Orton would win the title but do so in a strong way; instead of being given it, he had to fight hard for it...

Hunter never needed the title though as they could have just had him and Orton fight for it in the main event. Instead Hunter did the clean job at the end of the night, but only after he had won the title from Orton at the start of the show and not forgetting he also found time in there to defeat Umaga!

As for this show, I thought it was good despite the ending which I wasn't a fan of. The crowd were crazy into the opening match which I enjoyed a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

WWE.com recognises Edge as eleven-time champ now. Oh well, at least Jeff Hardy still has the worst WHC reign thanks to Punk. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Ridley wrote: »
    WWE.com recognises Edge as eleven-time champ now. Oh well, at least Jeff Hardy still has the worst WHC reign thanks to Punk. :pac:

At least Hardy wasn't handed the Belt,thats the worst title reign I remember in a long time.It was pure confusing watching it, even on commentary they didn't seem to know what was going on.They dropped the ball not showing booker puking on cole on smackdown a few years ago.I'm sure Vince is kicking himself for not doing it,he loves to screw around with the commentators.

Advertisement